Coffee Magazines and Media

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
yakster
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by yakster »

The Does YouTube influence your buying decision thread started veering into coffee magazines and media so I though a separate thread might be warranted. I've heard of and visited all of these sites, but for some it's been many years since I have because I'm not actively looking for buying advice, advice about finding coffee shops, or starting my own coffee business right now.

Roast Magazine was mention, good information, mostly for commercial roasters, they also put out Daily Coffee News and Roast Summits and sell books.

Sprudge is a coffee focused media outlet, I used to check the site frequently to keep up on coffee competitions and new cafe openings. I'm not sure if they still livestream competitions.

The Lever Magazine is focused on lever espresso machines.

Barisa Magazine "Barista Magazine online is the digital home of the leading trade magazine for the worldwide community of specialty coffee professionals."

European Coffee Trip "is an online magazine and a guide featuring Speciality coffee culture in Europe. We create articles, interviews, photos and videos!"

Perfect Daily Grind "is a specialty coffee and coffee news publication. We cover coffee brewing, roasting, production, coffee shops and more."

I'd be interested to hear of other magazines and media of interest to home baristas.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

LewBK

#2: Post by LewBK »

Moka 1 Cup

#3: Post by Moka 1 Cup »

Comunicaffè International: "And since 2002 there is also Comunicaffe International, the English daily edition, with a newsletter given to global and international news item."
Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness.

buckersss
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by buckersss »

https://standartmag.com/

Standart Magazine. Never read it though.

yakster (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by yakster (original poster) replying to buckersss »

I was trying to remember the name of this one when I started the thread, glad to see it mentioned.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Westchester

#6: Post by Westchester »

Caffeine Magazine - www.caffeinemag.com - UK-based, interesting read for specialty coffee news and trends. I think they have an Australian version as well.

Chert

#7: Post by Chert »

A publication about old espresso technology and it's revival I suppose. :D I've never read it: The Lever
LMWDP #198

Milligan
Supporter ❤

#8: Post by Milligan »

I've thoroughly enjoyed my Roast Magazine subscription. It does lean toward commercial roasters, but if you are a home roast enthusiast then you'd definitely find it worth subscribing to. While expensive, "The Book of Roast" and "Green Coffee" published by Roast Magazine are great as well.