Cirqua AB Formula Packets for Pourover Espresso Machines - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
shadowfax (original poster)

#11: Post by shadowfax (original poster) »

Hugh, I believe that I initiated my order via e-mail and followed up with phone calls. IIRC I had to send them a form (print, sign, scan, e-mail) authorizing them to make charges to my credit card. It was slightly ridiculous, now that you mention it. Cirqua certainly seems like the type of company that mainly deals with professional accounts, so that's something you should be prepared for.
Nicholas Lundgaard

da gino

#12: Post by da gino »

Thanks for the reply, I've sent them an email. It would certainly be a more attractive option if it were easier to buy!

Gordo

#13: Post by Gordo »

The 5 pack packets are also available at China Mist's website, here.

da gino

#14: Post by da gino »

I called today and talked to Tracy at Cirqua. She couldn't have been nicer. She admitted that they hadn't originally anticipated the possibility of demand from home users such as the HB crowd and asked if there was anything that would make it more attractive to us. I mentioned things like not having to set up an account, being able to order directly off of the webpage, a bulk discount (on the scale we could get to as opposed to the scale a wholesaler might use) etc, and she seemed very interested. I ordered some and am looking forward to trying it and seeing if the extra hardness relative to our soft water here adds something.

I'll only use it in the HX portion of my machine and not in the steam boiler, so it will be interesting to see how far a gallon takes me. I've been using Brita water, so I haven't paid much attention. The distilled I use in the steam boiler lasts almost too long. I go through a gallon every 3-4 months. My guess is that with the flushes I'll go through a gallon every 16-20 drinks in the HX. We'll see. I'll post with my impressions although it certainly won't be a scientific test.

Hugh

tinseljim

#15: Post by tinseljim »

Wondering if I may revive an old thread?

This is exactly the same question I had (best water for non-espresso use). Thank you to everyone for all the helpful comments. I too have been used to brita filtered water now but then our brita jug fell to the ground and broke into 20 or so pieces. To tie us over i bought some Volvic water and the difference was immediate and obvious (compared to brita filtered coventry UK water). Clarity and liveliness are the words I'd use. So i decided to research how to get good water for the home and I believe I have found some good news!

My quest for an answer also led me to Cirqua and so I called them and spoke to Tracey as well, I believe, who informed me that a RO system (plus re-mineralization) will be available for the home market as soon as February. She went on to say that it's in the QC stages of production. The lady (Tracey?) believed it would cost somewhere in the region of 350$.

This seemed like splendid news to me. Not sure how costs will 'filter' into the UK yet but still...

rbh1515

#16: Post by rbh1515 »

James,
I have been using the Cirqua additives now for about a year and a half and love it! I'll have to check into their new system.
Rob

JPDenyer

#17: Post by JPDenyer »

Hi,

I saw your post about The Formula™ Packets; I also work for Cirqua® Customized Water™ as the Creative Services Director and wanted to give everyone the best ways to buy The Formula™ on-line. Our product is available from two on-line stores in the accessory sections of their stores; they are Seattle Coffee Gear and China Mist. Seattle Coffee Gear offers both single and 5-dose packages and have a cool "crew review" video which shows an unsolicited "Taste Test" using three types of water, one being Cirqua formulated water with these packets; the video is also on You Tube - search Cirqua to find it. China Mist has just the five dose variety.

Our offices are open and we do take your calls, sorry we weren't there when you called. Our web site is going through renovations to be bigger, better and greener for all, so do come back.

The package also has had a new transformation, it is more compact, has better retail display on the five dose package (measuring 3" square) and the single dose packets now fit in your shirt pocket. Below is a fancy shot of the single dose package.

Here is the new five dose box!

Feel free to convo me back if you need any help getting this product because we know how important it is to make a great cup of tea or coffee at home.
Thanks,

--JP