Cheap homemade WDT tool - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
GregoryJ

#11: Post by GregoryJ »

michael wrote:I like it, a cut above my 2 double pronged ss corn holders wired together

Do you have a link for the handle 8)
That's just a rubber plug I had lying around. Rubber was nice because I could poke holes into it with a pencil, but if I make another one it will be with a wooden handle I think :)

guest_user

#12: Post by guest_user »

I'm nominating this as an early frontrunner for best thread of 2019. Please keep the examples coming HB!

Advertisement
myso

#13: Post by myso »

Cava cork and needles.

randomorbit

#14: Post by randomorbit »

I was looking for the poker from a dissection kit, but the kit I found had a slightly different poker which I think looks better than the common ones I've seen. I'll let you all know how it works out.

MB

#15: Post by MB »

I've got this cabinet knob one at home and the Londinium one at work. I like that this one doesn't tip over with the handle side down. Plus it works really well. I've posted it before, but for your viewing pleasure:

LMWDP #472

Valo_Soul

#16: Post by Valo_Soul »

leozava wrote:Very similar to what came with my helor stance motor

<image>
:O I need this! How can I obtain this exact tool? haha... it's essentially the Londinium tool, which I refuse to pay $50 + $40 shipping for.

mammamia

#17: Post by mammamia »

Very nice tools above. Let me introduce mine, simple cake tester :

It was cheap which was needed only $1 at nearby grocery store. Easy to clean after job done.

I tried this tool, mini cocktail whisker, as an original shape and modified later :

I tried the whisker with original three rings at the first time. It broke clumps fast but It was not easy to clean as simple cake tester. Then I modded it by cutting rings one by one. I ended up having only one ring which looked cool and was fairly fast to break clumps and redistribution job. It ,however, made me be more careful while stirring coffee ground than when with simple tester since I like vigorously stirring my coffee ground in my basket and homemade funnel. And slightly harder to clean. I just sweep the tester with my thumb and forefinger to clean. That is just simple and satisfying.

Advertisement
LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#18: Post by LBIespresso »

mammamia wrote:Very nice tools above. Let me introduce mine, simple cake tester :

It was cheap which was needed only $1 at nearby grocery store. Easy to clean after job done.
I use the same. They vary in thickness though. I did find a super thin one that I like better than a thicker one I started with. I also used a whet stone to round out the tip so it would be easier on the basket. I am curious about the Londinium tool people here seem to rave about but not > $50 shipped curious. :lol:
LMWDP #580

Moka 1 Cup

#19: Post by Moka 1 Cup »

A spare brass pin punch....

Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness.

BlackCarrera

#20: Post by BlackCarrera »

randomorbit wrote:I was looking for the poker from a dissection kit, but the kit I found had a slightly different poker which I think looks better than the common ones I've seen. I'll let you all know how it works out.

<image>
Any luck?
Moka 1 Cup wrote:A spare brass pin punch....

<image>
Mmm nice, a little on the short side, but very nice. Things to think about, haha.