Carl "Javahead" Jones and his Chopped Espresso Machine

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Abe Carmeli
Team HB

#1: Post by Abe Carmeli »

It appears Gary Larson has finally tracked me down.

Abe Carmeli

RapidCoffee
Team HB

#2: Post by RapidCoffee »

What's that, a quad basket in the portafilter and a V-Twin under the hood? I want one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best espresso cartoon ever. Thanks for sharing.
John

zin1953

#3: Post by zin1953 »

Bravo!
A morning without coffee is sleep. -- Anon.

Abe Carmeli (original poster)
Team HB

#4: Post by Abe Carmeli (original poster) »

RapidCoffee wrote:What's that, a quad basket in the portafilter
The correct term for that apparatus is portafilter tits. (American Heritage Dictionary, Spressohead Edition). It looks like our friend Carl would suck it right out of those tits for "extra freshness".
Abe Carmeli

Beezer

#5: Post by Beezer »

I love that cartoon. I remember I used to go to a coffeeshop that had that same cartoon taped to their espresso machine. Classic.

Be aware, however, that Gary Larsen is very protective of his copyright. He's been known to have his lawyers send cease and desist letters to people who post his work on the web without permission.
Lock and load!

cannonfodder
Team HB

#6: Post by cannonfodder »

A few years ago, I set up a lever machine in my office. A couple of days later, that same comic was taped to my door one morning. I hung it above my machine for a couple of months. I also have a beard and ride motorcycles, which made it even funnier.
Dave Stephens

Cathi

#7: Post by Cathi »

Beezer wrote:I love that cartoon. I remember I used to go to a coffeeshop that had that same cartoon taped to their espresso machine. Classic.

Be aware, however, that Gary Larsen is very protective of his copyright. He's been known to have his lawyers send cease and desist letters to people who post his work on the web without permission.
That would be most unfortunate. Here is a group of folks who's company he should be proud to keep :wink:

Love the 'toon - guess I must be living under a rock, because I've never seen it before.
Cathi
LMWDP #113

ntwkgestapo

#8: Post by ntwkgestapo »

Good one Abe! I've actually got a coffee mug with that cartoon on it! as well as the one that shows a toy poodle pulling a shot (on a lever machine no less!). The caption was something like "why small dogs are so nervous" or some such (I'll have to pull it out and look tonight if I remember to!)..
Steve C.
I'm having an out of coffee experience!
LMWDP # 164

Emoto

#9: Post by Emoto »

This is one of my favorite cartoons!!! :D

It ran in newspapers in 1991. A friend of mine, who had shared many espressos at my house over the years, saw it, cut it out, and mounted it to a piece of black cardboard, and gave it to me.

I kept it on various shelves over the years, most recently in the garage near the motorcycles (it didn't fit with my most recent ex's idea of art or decoration so it wasn't in the house. :roll: ).

Last week, I dug it out and had it framed, and it is now hung on the wall near my Silvia. :mrgreen:

SlowRain

#10: Post by SlowRain »

Thanks for digging up this thread. I hadn't seen that cartoon before.