Cafelat vs Caffewerks silicone gaskets size differences - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Jeff
Team HB

#11: Post by Jeff »

Stranger things have happened with espresso machines. I've lost track of the number of times something is supposed to be thread X but is thread Y. I'm sure Ryan has some pretty amusing stories as well. I think he's working with a couple of machines from the same manufacturer, one has metric studs and the other has American studs in the same place.

Derryisreal (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by Derryisreal (original poster) » replying to Jeff »

That must be it. And I can't argue with the end result - the red Cafelat is a perfect fit. Which begs the question - why doesn't Caffewerks size their gaskets correctly? I guess they are out for me.

P.S. Another piece of incongruity - the Puristika power consumption is listed as 1000 Watts in the owner's manual. However, on the label of the machine it says 1200 Watts. Made me dedicate a circuit to the ECM just in case.
I don't want a KafaTek... or... Do I?

Derryisreal (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by Derryisreal (original poster) »

baldheadracing wrote:BTW, it is possible to backflush too much with Cafiza on an E-61 group. The cam on the E-61's lever more-or-less likes coffee oils for lubrication (but doesn't want coffee particles, which can be abrasive). If you backflush after each session/day, then do two or three water-only backflushes. If you do that, then Cafiza is maybe a monthly thing in home use IMO (100-200 shots).

YMMV.
Yeah, I decided to chemical backflush no more than 6 times a year. However, I don't think coffee oils do much in the way of lubrication. After each Cafiza backflush, I disassemble the E61 and coat the cam and valves in Molykote 111. Otherwise, the cam lever is stiff and squeaky even after 20 shots.
I don't want a KafaTek... or... Do I?