Bravo tamper wood types

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Max_Power

#1: Post by Max_Power »

Hi all,

Looking to purchase a Bravo tamper but can't seem to understand the website. Wood types are listed as "wood a," "wood b," etc. but doesn't explain the kind of wood. Does anybody have experience ordering from here that could shed some light?

Thanks!

cafeIKE

#2: Post by cafeIKE »

Save your money and buy a CAP*:

Tampers other than bling factor, are the most over obsessed and about the least important thing in making espresso.

OR

Get a custom from Cannonfodder: Custom Wood for your Espresso Machine

*CAP - Cheap as possible

Pizzaandspro

#3: Post by Pizzaandspro »

I love my Bravo. I have had mine for three years and no problems like above. Above doesn't look like Bravo to me. When I was purchasing mine I emailed the guy and he got back to me very quickly. I have the all black one.

freditoj

#4: Post by freditoj »

Gilberto's email can be found in this forum. Contact him directly.

Pizzaandspro

#5: Post by Pizzaandspro »

I love my Bravo. I have had mine for three years and no problems like above. Above doesn't look like Bravo to me. When I was purchasing mine I emailed the guy and he got back to me very quickly. I have the all black one.

meshkaffe

#6: Post by meshkaffe »

cafeIKE wrote:Save your money and buy a CAP*:

Tampers other than bling factor, are the most over obsessed and about the least important thing in making espresso.

OR

Get a custom from Cannonfodder: Custom Wood for your Espresso Machine

*CAP - Cheap as possible

It boggles my mind how many people are so concerned with tampers. I have a well-made, heavy, precise motta that I quite enjoy using and have been getting perfect tamps in a short amount of time without all the nonsensical rigamarole.

I think people enjoy being obsessed with and complicating things more than they need to.