Bragging Rights Thread: Great Coffee Gear Scores! - Page 42

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
danetrainer

#411: Post by danetrainer »

Fantastic! Very fitting container indeed, Randy!

jjjones

#412: Post by jjjones »

Macap MXD Xtreme from Facebook Marketplace for 250AUD

Marcelnl

#413: Post by Marcelnl »

nice!

I just scored an old but decent Super Jolly from a local marketplace for 50 euro, the cleanup was long needed but after ditching the doser and converting it to doserless it should clean up nicely as gift for a friend so he can finally have stepless adjustment.
LMWDP #483

OtisJackson

#414: Post by OtisJackson »

What's the best deal you've gotten or best find you've saw on Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, OfferUp, etc. I haven't seen much but picked up a ROK espresso machine for $20 off of FB marketplace!

BodieZoffa

#415: Post by BodieZoffa »

Two in particular come to mind... a like-new Silvia/Rocky that was bought and used 10-12 times I scored for $250. All-time killer coffee score that I personally know of was the Cremina I had for years being found at a yard sale for just $3. In working condition, but needed a serious cleaning/rebuild, which I gladly took care of.

luvmy40

#416: Post by luvmy40 »

This didn't happen to me. It may be just an internet equivalent to the "Urban Legend".

Someone found a La Pavoni Europiccola at a Goodwill/Salvation Army type store with no price tag. The clerk asked him what it was when he inquired about the price. He said "it's a coffee maker" they said "$0.50"

I should be so lucky.

RobAnybody

#417: Post by RobAnybody »

I got my '72 Europiccola (v 1.6) for 35 euros and the replacement screw on heating element for €25. 8) In terms of gaskets, baskets and a new portafilter (missing) she still needed 200 euros to get her working again (still working on it) but i know it will be worth it!
LMWDP #647

drgary
Team HB

#418: Post by drgary »

In January 2020 someone listed and QUICKLY sold a vintage Cremina in apparently good shape for $75 USD on Portland's Craigslist.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

doubleOsoul

#419: Post by doubleOsoul »

Impressive!! I'm hoping for such luck when I drive through Oregon on my way back to California next week.

drgary
Team HB

#420: Post by drgary »

Someone got in ahead of me and bought this not far from here. I have enough gear, but this would have been irresistable.

Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!