Bragging Rights Thread: Great Coffee Gear Scores! - Page 41

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
cannonfodder
Team HB

#401: Post by cannonfodder »

Elektra has always made some very nice machines, except for the new Verve.
Dave Stephens

IamOiman

#402: Post by IamOiman »

Very excited right now. There was a La San Marco Disco Volante I passed up due to price and it being a two group, so I instead went out and found some other deals :lol:

This care package contains two machines, a La Pavoni Mod 67 and a Faema Lambro, the latter cost just €400! The total price I paid with shipping for the machines still ended up being less than half of the Disco's cost. I could not pass up the offer and with the combined shipping it was cheaper to buy the machines together rather than separately. Since the Lambro needs so much work I think I can use it as a learner machine, where I can try to do some mods and repair methods that I have been wanting to learn like pipe fabrication. Endgame goal would be to add an autofill I think.

The Pavoni was a machine I'd been wanting after passing up a 2 group version a few years back, and I much prefer this compact size over the 2 group.

Now they just need to survive shipment and customs.

-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

ECM Manufacture: @ecmespresso #weliveespresso
Sponsored by ECM Manufacture
TomC (original poster)
Team HB

#403: Post by TomC (original poster) »

Beautiful stuff Ryan!

I just received this little darling from France last week. Rebuilt and ready to go, minus the need for a US plug. Too good of a deal to pass on. A Conti ComoCafe in overall very good condition.

drgary
Team HB

#404: Post by drgary »

IamOiman wrote:This care package contains two machines, a La Pavoni Mod 67 and a Faema Lambro, the latter cost just €400!
That's a score, Ryan! :shock:

How many commercial levers do you have now?

And Tom, it looks like you're going all in on home levers. Your Comocafe is a beauty.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

IamOiman

#405: Post by IamOiman »

drgary wrote:That's a score, Ryan! :shock:
How many commercial levers do you have now?
9 commercial machines is my tally, and 12 total not counting the true basket case Gaggia GX machine I got for free.
4 of them are two groups (President, Boema, Gaggia, and Zodiaco).

The full list with the two new acquisitions:

1957 Faema Mercurio, 1960's Faema Lambro, 1963 Faema Faemina, 1964 Faema President, 1960's La Pavoni Modello 67, 1977 Faema Zodiaco, 1979 Gaggia LL, 1981 Bo-Ema, 1991 La Pavoni, 1991 Elektra MCaL, 2018 Bosco Sorrento

This exceeds the equipment char list limit on my profile so I had to change it :shock:
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

cdo

#406: Post by cdo »

Wonder if someone on here got it... There was a broken GS3 in Montreal for 350, apparently it had a scale issue and the repair would cost 2k... I tried messaging the seller but they didn't respond to my english request.

Coffcarl

#407: Post by Coffcarl »

Broke my usual rule of not paying more than $1 a cup. These were $9.99 for the set plus about $14 shipping.

The full set is supposed to have 6. There are only 4.

CafelatStore: home of Cafelat products online
Sponsored by CafelatStore
DaveB

#408: Post by DaveB »

Coffcarl wrote:
The full set is supposed to have 6. There are only 4.
I'll be happy to take them off your hands to ease your pain.
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Coffcarl

#409: Post by Coffcarl »

I picked up La Pavoni Europiccola at a thrift store almost 2 years ago!

Wow!

I finally got around to ordering the parts and restoring it

Here it is now

I got rid of the metal bottom plate and was able to use speed nuts to affix the new abs base plate.

Randy G.

#410: Post by Randy G. »

Those who have followed my story about Dr. Robert Merriam and the Santoker Revolution R500 he gave me will remember that when I finally uncrated it I found that after the last roast he finished on it he had packed it away but he had failed to clean out the chaff collector. I was so appreciative of his gift I had saved the chaff and sent him a photo of the roaster in my garage, ready to roast. I wanted to share my excitement with him, but learned that he had passed away in October of 2020.

I knew I had to find a special memorial jar of some sort to save the chaff. I was in a consignment shop in Paradise, California waiting for my car's smog check to be completed up the street. We have been shopping for furniture as we have virtually none yet. I came across this jar. I have read that they were used as early as the 1930's although they continued to be made into the 50's I believe.

The History of the Haas Baruck company is an interesting one. Regardless, this jar and its lid are in near perfect condition and will serve as a fitting memorial and testament to a generous gentleman.
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
*20th Anniversary 2000-2020*