Bragging Rights Thread: Great Coffee Gear Scores! - Page 40

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
RobAnybody

#391: Post by RobAnybody »

TomC wrote:That's a real solid score there Rob! Welcome to HB!
Thanks! Happy to be here!
BaristaBoy E61 wrote:Great score! Maybe you didn't 'RobAnybody' but I'd say it's worth at least twice what you paid! :mrgreen:
Mathematically speaking it is even worth infinitely more :wink:
I wasn't planning on selling it though my better half is complaining it is taking up to much kitchen space. I still have some space in my office at work and my office mates have already indicated they won't mind having an espresso machine there.
First I'll have to practice a bit to get a decent shot out of it, so far I have the feeling my Pavoni is a bit more forgiving.
Cheers!
Rob
LMWDP #647

JmanEspresso

#392: Post by JmanEspresso »

Almico wrote:OK, might as well post this over here. 6-year old SF-75. Serviced before professionally removing from service a month ago. $36K. Looks like I'll be swimming' with the big fishes soon.

Yep. Yep yep yep. IS this for home use? If so, throw in 6 more Yeps.

Advertisement
LObin

#393: Post by LObin »

I have read about some epic Europiccola tresor hunts on here. This may not be the cheapest one (although it's pretty darn cheap!) nor the rarest year or version, but... Look at all that shininess!!!

$160 CAD which is $123 USD today.

It's gen 2 78-83 (no sticker). For some obscur reason, I had a full gasket kit, a 1 hole steam tip, a MCAL double basket and a digital thermometer laying around. A to Z overall. Cleaned the chrome. Sanded the little bit of rust present under the base. Reassembled. VoilĂ !

Oh yeah, I converted the portafilter to bottomless

Also ordered a custom tamper, 49mm funnel and a teflon gasket kit for better temperature stability.

It's not my first time restoring one or even pulling shots with a La Pavoni Europiccola but it's actually the first time I do it on my own machine, for me!
It's the perfect machine for those cozy weekends at the cottage!

Cheers!
LMWDP #592

IamOiman
Team HB

#394: Post by IamOiman »

This was a cool find from Spain.

So there is a big 80mm Nut that compresses the gasket stack on a Gaggia Lever group. Previously I had a 2 1/4" Whitworth wrench to deal with this nut, but this week my Coffee Mafia provided me with a very interesting find: a factory Gaggia Barcelona 80mm/14mm wrench. I have seen Gaggia Italia versions of this wrench but I have never seen a Gaggia Spagna one until I bought this one. Really cool stuff, and it will be used. It will be cleaned up a bit but I am very excited with this one.

-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

Chert

#395: Post by Chert »

That old school stuff is cool. Is size about 10 inches lengthwise?( as I guess from photo). Not much lever advantage but maybe it needs to fit close to the Gaggia group?
LMWDP #198

IamOiman
Team HB

#396: Post by IamOiman »

It looks to be about a foot long, my Spanish guy is sending it out now so I cannot measure it right now. Those nuts should not need a terrible amount of leverage to loosen up as they are just compressing a rubber gasket under it.
-Ryan
LMWDP #612

Jeff
Team HB

#397: Post by Jeff »

First photos, "Cool!"

Photo with scale, "#%^*!"

Advertisement
IamOiman
Team HB

#398: Post by IamOiman »

Yea those wrenches are bigger than they look :lol:

Here is the old one I was using, a 2 1/4" Whitworth wrench. I got it from a British guy advertising it as something to fix your ocean liner or aircraft with as a joke since he did not expect someone to actually buy and use it.
-Ryan
LMWDP #612

baldheadracing
Team HB

#399: Post by baldheadracing »

Have you ever bought a machine based on looks alone?

I just did. I honestly don't care what the espresso will taste like.

Complete mechanical refurb with new boiler(!), pump, etc., plus the Elektra black wood base (not in pic) at http://zuccarini.ca/ in Toronto.

-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

Carneiro

#400: Post by Carneiro »

You are very well served. The espresso is excellent, I had one exactly like yours and I regret selling it. At least it's with a good friend and great home barista.