Bought But Never Used - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
caffeinatedjen
Supporter ❤

#11: Post by caffeinatedjen »

I can't use my steamy wanda either, because for some reason the tip on my steam wand doesn't come off. These nice latte cups from Not Neutral I have and haven't used much were what I thought of when I saw this topic. I got them hoping they would help improve my latte art, but I for some reason I couldn't pour anything into them, worse than all the other cups I have, including straight sided cups. I think there's also a bit too much milk for the espresso for me too.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#12: Post by baldheadracing »

caffeinatedjen wrote:I can't use my steamy wanda either, because for some reason the tip on my steam wand doesn't come off. ...
If your machine is the Mitica in your profile, then the tip does unscrew, as one has to be able to remove the tip to deep-clean the tip. If the tip is stuck then it has been my experience that milk remnants (light brown) are fouling up the threads inside the tip.

The best way that I have found to un-stick a tip is to immerse the tip (and tube) in a cup of hot water for a few hours/overnight. A really stuck tip might need a strap wrench for leverage.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

caffeinatedjen
Supporter ❤

#13: Post by caffeinatedjen »

No, it really does not come off, I've tried several things over the years, including a wrench. It is smooth-sided not beveled like most steam tips I've had,so I came to the conclusion that it is not supposed to come off. It seemed strange to me too, but I do the best I can to keep it clean from the outside.

MNate

#14: Post by MNate »

Portafilter & tamper for the ebay Europiccola I had bought just for steaming milk. I couldn't handle having a non-complete unit though. Maybe someday I'll play around with pulling shots on it.

But I more regret buying a few things I have used... namely cheap milk jugs, tamper and cups. I should have known I would upgrade them to better things fairly soon but it was nice to learn more about what to get and spread the cost out a bit. So maybe I don't regret it.

tinman143

#15: Post by tinman143 »

BaristaBoy E61 wrote:This might be useful thread for first time purchasers of espresso equipment.

What did you buy with your setup that you never used?

I bought a 'Steam Cleaning Brush' that attaches to the Steam Wand that remains sealed in its original box, still hoping it might 'one day' be used.

https://www.chriscoffee.com/collections ... ning-brush

How about you?
Ha I have the same steam tool as well that's just sitting in the cabinet :)

yakster
Supporter ♡

#16: Post by yakster »

A theme is starting to emerge. I'm having a hard time thinking of accessories I've bought and never used, but I have picked up some spare parts that I haven't used. I'm surprised single baskets haven't been mentioned, but I suppose most would try them out first before throwing them in a drawer.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

GregoryJ

#17: Post by GregoryJ »

I got an Airscape container that I don't use too often. Mason jars just feel much faster to me. I open the container 3-4 times per day so pushing that inner lid down gets old.

PeetsFan

#18: Post by PeetsFan »

I bought a bag of decaf once.
Never used it.
★ Helpful

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#19: Post by JohnB. »

Don't think I have anything coffee related that I've never used. If I bought it I used it at least once before it ended up in a drawer or box because I didn't like it. Even the steam cleaning tool gets dragged out once every couple years to clean some part that has nothing to do with coffee. I've got one or two of the fancy group cleaning "brushes" that were retired quickly as I prefer the simple Pallo brush. Cups that I used once but didn't like for one reason or another.
LMWDP 267

emradguy
Supporter ♡

#20: Post by emradguy »

yakster wrote:A theme is starting to emerge. I'm having a hard time thinking of accessories I've bought and never used, but I have picked up some spare parts that I haven't used. I'm surprised single baskets haven't been mentioned, but I suppose most would try them out first before throwing them in a drawer.
I'm guessing this is because single baskets come with the machines, and most of us never touch them. So, only people who actually use them are buying precision ones. Hence, the lack of bought, but never used, single baskets.
LMWDP #748