Boomerista

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
coffeeOnTheBrain

#1: Post by coffeeOnTheBrain »

Does anyone see beyond the obvious offense? None taken by me personally, but recognized as such.
Is there some meaning beyond it?

https://www.home-boomerista.com/

coffeeOnTheBrain (original poster)

#2: Post by coffeeOnTheBrain (original poster) »

Saw this on Instagram:

Clicked the link:

BodieZoffa

#3: Post by BodieZoffa »

Thing is taste IS subjective and how you get to the point of achieving what YOU like is all that matters to begin with. The very reason I do my own roasting/extracting to achieve what I find to be my ultimate. Typical social media 'influencer' whining to gain attention if you ask me.

ojt

#4: Post by ojt »

Wow, what a lack of style and grace, and frankly also professionalism. Well you know what, and please excuse "my french", but sounds like wannabe youngsters (25+) acting like arrogant brats and thinking they now know the best. That, or the toxic type of elitism. Whoever put that online, if it comes out (was it Brian Quan?), I'm definitely not buying their products or watching their videos.

Edit: Right, so it's a joke(?). A joke lost on me but I'll admit it got me a bit too worked up.
Osku

JB90068
Supporter ❤

#5: Post by JB90068 »

After reading Feran's kickstarter statement and some of his blog posts, I really don't see any difference between his business model and many other roasters except his is hype. If he can roast hype and attitude and make it palatable, then I'm sure he will be successful.
Old baristas never die. They just become over extracted.

fede2525

#6: Post by fede2525 »

BodieZoffa wrote:Thing is taste IS subjective and how you get to the point of achieving what YOU like is all that matters to begin with. The very reason I do my own roasting/extracting to achieve what I find to be my ultimate. Typical social media 'influencer' whining to gain attention if you ask me.

Well... In this case Brian Quan is actually fully agreeing with you and calling out that nonsense.

The "Quality is not subjective" quote is straight from here:
Sey Coffee

So maybe in this case it's actually: "Typical 'Home Barista' whining to gain attention if you ask me."

another_jim
Team HB

#7: Post by another_jim »

Does anyone know where I can find "over-developed" coffee? If it's not too laced with steroids, I'l like to try some.
Jim Schulman
★ Helpful

HelloWorld

#8: Post by HelloWorld »

coffeeOnTheBrain wrote:Is there some meaning beyond it?
"Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog. You understand it better but the frog dies in the process."

- E.B White

All I'll say is that the website is satirical in nature, and both the quote Brian posted and the one found on the website are pull from this website.

#9: Post by coffeeOnTheBrain (original poster) »

fede2525 wrote: Well... In this case Brian Quan is actually fully agreeing with you and calling out that nonsense.

The "Quality is not subjective" quote is straight from here:
Sey Coffee

So maybe in this case it's actually: "Typical 'Home Barista' whining to gain attention if you ask me."
Thank you for the link. I find the thread far more interesting than the joke and less whiny too ;)

#10: Post by coffeeOnTheBrain (original poster) »

This gets stranger by the minute the boombarista site now links this thread with a sentence that surely doesn't play well with the constructive discussion criteria of this site.
Did we offend someone? Why would someone write something like that?
Feels uncalled for to me.
Frankly the motivation of creating the site in the first place is hard to follow, yes it is somewhat funny, but did anyone in the Sey thread actually state something with even the remote same meaning as what can be seen in the screenshot, did I miss it, is it all in the author's interpretation?
Would have been fair game to state something like that in the original thread.