Best food program for cafes you've seen

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
wearashirt

#1: Post by wearashirt »

Hi cafe-frequenters!

I've been in and out of cafes in most place I've been into, and I've always felt a lack in the food program. Not "lack" as-in inadequacy -- some cafes now are borderline restuarants. But "lack" in the sense that the thoughtfulness to coffee wasn't transferred to food. So I'd like to ask:

What are the best food programs for cafes you've seen so far?

What's your opinion on specialty cafes that have become full blown dine-in restaurants with seating queues?

Should food be more or less expensive than the price for coffee?

Marcelnl

#2: Post by Marcelnl »

How would food be less expensive than coffee, and why is that an issue upfront?

iMO I'm happy to pay for quality stuff, and I don't first check relatives prices once I know the overall scheme is within budget and taste.

I've had some of the best food in places where you get what is on the menu that day, so you either follow that or leave...food, as coffee, is tightly linked to the drive passion and ability of the person serving it....
LMWDP #483

dominico
Team HB

#3: Post by dominico »

The coolest "food" I've seen in a coffee shop have been coffee / food pairings.

The coolest experience I've had was a couple of fruity SOs paired with bleu cheese.

A coffee bar down the street of where I used to live in Italy provided a smattering of fresh pastries and an ice cream freezer.

My breakfast many mornings would simply be a cornetto filled with nutella and a cappuccino.
https://bit.ly/3N1bhPR
Il caffè è un piacere, se non è buono che piacere è?