Beanconqueror - App - Page 4

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Graphefruit (original poster)

#31: Post by Graphefruit (original poster) »

Hello Coffee-Lovers,

the new Version 5.4 is live today!

What have been changed?

Roasting section:
Manage all of your green beans and roasters (can be activated in the settings menu)
Save all of your green beans and transfer them into roasted onces
Add your roaster and connect them with your different kind of roasted beans

Go live of our new website! -> https://beanconqueror.com

Support us:
You've always wanted to support Beanconqueror? We've added a new 'Buy me a coffee' connection

iOS - iCloud:
The first step into iCloud support was made. At the very first start all of your existing app data will be moved into the support iCloud directory.
You have to activate this option in the iCloud Settings first in order to save Beanconqueror on iCloud

Android/iOS - Automated file-export:
Automated Beanconqueror.json-File is saved for a maximum of 7 days, after that they will be automated deleted again
Android: Download/Beanconqueror_export/Beanconqueror_automatic_export_DAY.json
iOS: Files/Download/Beanconqueror_export/Beanconqueror_automatic_export_FILE.json

Settings:
Excel - Export all of your data to excel to work with it even further
Define your own image quality between 50% to 100% (default 100%)
Brew rating - Define how much stars/points you'd like to set for each brew. Minimum 5, maximum 100

New tracking:
We've changed to our open source service Matomo, which will be hosted on our own server
Removed Google Analytics / Firebase

Bug fixes:
Apple Healthkit - Settings were not saved
Sometimes brew rating stars weren't filled (Brew add/edit)
Edit via long tap, screen wasn't scrollable
Import of bigger files on iOS led to misconduct
Delete procedure of beans / preparations or mills were not consistent and lead to graphical issues
Wrong calculation of beverage quantity in statistics and list views

Share:
Share your brews and beans with all coffee lovers!

Other:
Clean ups
Layout changes
Extension of statistics
Startup check revised, added please wait window
Some label changes
Changed data access / order inside app to reduce problems

You'll find the app here:
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... queror.app
iOS: https://apps.apple.com/app/beanconqueror/id1445297158
Github: https://github.com/graphefruit/Beanconq ... tag/v5.4.0

Best regards
Lars

#32: Post by Graphefruit (original poster) »

Hello Coffee-Lovers,

the new Version 6.0 is live today!

What have been changed?

Bluetooth scales
Support of the first bluetooth scale - Decent-Scale - Big thanks to Decent Espresso
Support of Acaia Lunar

Aroma cupping
Cup each brew with the different aromatics and flavors

Water section
Add your own water, activate this section in the settings

Support of more languages
Support for spanish - Big thanks to Frank!

Improvements
Support of long press '+' on brews
Added new brew parameters
Support of different currencies
Edit brew while in detail view
Choose multiple images at once
Support of brix to TDS conversion
If bean package is empty, you'll be asked if you want to archive the package on the last brew
Reset of roastdate supported
Support of detail views on beans, grinders and preparation methods
Added brew ratio (g/l)

iOS
Support of safe areas

Bug fixes
Apple Healthkit - Decaffeinated coffee was saved
Copy of beans led to misconduct
Added brew time to excel export
Small bug fixes

Others
Beans, grinders and preparation methods are now sorted alphabetic in dropdowns

You'll can find the app here:

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... queror.app
iOS: ‎https://apps.apple.com/us/app/beanconqu ... 1445297158
Github: https://github.com/graphefruit/Beanconq ... ag/v.6.0.0

Best regards
Lars

henri

#33: Post by henri »

Wow, I had no idea something like this existed. Looks amazing! Will give it a try.

#34: Post by Graphefruit (original poster) »

Thanks for your feedback! :)
If you got any questions, I'm happy to help :)

The Nutra

#35: Post by The Nutra »

I found this app back in December, just days after I created a paper log template. After trying the app, dropped the papers and I'm happy.
Fantastic app, does everything I could think of and more.
If I may, I'd suggest two things to consider.
Ability to edit date/time of the brews. This could help me to add my earlier non espresso brews that I kept in a different (recipe oriented) app. Would boost my stats figures :lol: and also have bit more history of good and not-so-good past brews at a same place. (I could do some editor magic in the database and import, but would be much nicer and safer via the app.)
Option to disable phone sleep while the app is open.
and (well, third one...) syncing option between multiply devices, e.g. via Dropbox, Google Drive etc. (I use an Android and iPhone parallel, plus an iPad :roll: ) This maybe more niche than the others.

All in all, great tool, I love it. The automatic daily backup already proved a life-saver :oops:
Thank you sir for your great work.

mckolit

#36: Post by mckolit »

Is there a way of using the app without tracking? I can't start using the app if I don't agree to the tracking.

#37: Post by Graphefruit (original poster) »

The Nutra wrote:I found this app back in December, just days after I created a paper log template. After trying the app, dropped the papers and I'm happy.
Fantastic app, does everything I could think of and more.
If I may, I'd suggest two things to consider.
Ability to edit date/time of the brews. This could help me to add my earlier non espresso brews that I kept in a different (recipe oriented) app. Would boost my stats figures :lol: and also have bit more history of good and not-so-good past brews at a same place. (I could do some editor magic in the database and import, but would be much nicer and safer via the app.)
Option to disable phone sleep while the app is open.
and (well, third one...) syncing option between multiply devices, e.g. via Dropbox, Google Drive etc. (I use an Android and iPhone parallel, plus an iPad :roll: ) This maybe more niche than the others.

All in all, great tool, I love it. The automatic daily backup already proved a life-saver :oops:
Thank you sir for your great work.
Hey there!
Sorry for delayed feedback here! - I didn't get an email.

Love to see that you love the app!

For date/edit time of the brews -> Please goto "Menu" -> "Brewing Parameters" -> "Manage parameters" -> Scroll down -> "Custom brewing time"
-> Now you can edit the time of the brews.

Also you can activate much more parameters there, and also sort and set default information.

If you go to your preparation methods, you can overwrite these parameters with "..." -> "Customize parameter"

Disable phone sleep:
This is already possible via settings: "Keep display active while brewing".

Syncing:
This is a lot asked feature, but its a big thing on my side and the solutions which are existing from iOS and Android wouldn't fill all needs therefore a server-structure and a user login needed to be implemented, which is to much on the actual work load.

I'm doing all of this on my spare / hobby time besides my main job.

Have a great cup of coffee and enjoy Beanconqueror!
Lars

#38: Post by Graphefruit (original poster) »

mckolit wrote:Is there a way of using the app without tracking? I can't start using the app if I don't agree to the tracking.
Thank you, for your comment and your feedback - we knew that the step concerning our new tracking will be discussed controversially.

With an older release we decided to switch from Google Analytics to a 100% secure and privacy focused tracking solution which is fully hosted on our own servers in Germany. As you maybe know, we Germans take security and privacy very serious.

Why we did this:
We decided to implement the mandatory tracking in order to gain further insights and have reliable data. We need this to understand how the user uses the app, which features are important for you and should be tackled first. Otherwise it is nearly impossible for us to understand how big the user base is, what features they use and which are not relevant anymore. Besides that, please keep in mind that this project is done in our freetime without any monetization behind it. This means we want to keep things open-source, transparent and also efficient for us. Thats why we decided to follow a mandatory tracking - as most apps do - but in a secure and data-privacy-focused way.
Most importantly we do not track ANY personal data.

In order to be fully transparent with you, we even dedicated a specific page on our website for this topic. Besides this page, you can always check the code which is open-source and see line-per-line what we do.

Check out our website for further information and our tracking concept:
https://beanconqueror.com/data-tracking.html

If you still have concerns let us discuss them here, I am happy to answer all your questions.

The Nutra

#39: Post by The Nutra »

Hi Lars,
thanks. Indeed, I missed the Custom brewing time option. It was bit hidden for my logic, :oops: but yes, that's the one I was after.
Custom parameter is a cool feature as I use and log different methods.
The disable sleep is a different story. I have the "Keep display active while brewing" option on. Probably this is not screen on/off what I have problem with but autolock (that is policy enforced on my phone). Some programs like Waze have option "Prevent autolock". I should have said that :?:
Or simply I should get my workflow real efficient and complete things within the autolock time :lol:

#40: Post by Graphefruit (original poster) »

The Nutra wrote: Some programs like Waze have option "Prevent autolock". I should have said that :?:
Or simply I should get my workflow real efficient and complete things within the autolock time :lol:
The idea is that when you activate this setting, and you're in the "add brew"-screen, your phone shouldn't go to sleep or lock.
On all other screens this setting is not activated.

Can you check this?