Bad Experience with Klatch - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
DaveB

#11: Post by DaveB »

When I did my first order with Josuma a couple years ago (5lbs MG), USPS showed it delivered to the cluster-box, but there was no key in my mailbox. USPS insisted that it had been properly delivered, when it obviously had not been. When I went to the post office, the supervisor said they couldn't do anything for a month(!). When I contacted Josuma they immediately sent another 5 lbs without hesitation and no questions asked. This was my first order with Josuma and it made a great 1st impression!

Incredibly, the original shipment randomly appeared out of the blue THREE MONTHS later. Ended up giving it to a friend, and he and his housemates were happy with the free coffee.
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#12: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Vidio wrote:Maybe this is the new normal but I was shocked at the response I got from Klatch about undelivered coffee. I ordered espresso beans almost two weeks ago and never got delivery. I paid for priority shipping so I called Klatch expecting them to resend or refund. But they told me that once it goes to USPS its out of their hands and there is nothing they can do. I've been a regular mail order purchaser from Klatch but this response seems to me like the end of a beautiful friendship. They said it is still in the postal system and will eventually arrive. When I noted that two weeks was pretty old for espresso they told me the beans are good for 6 months. Yikes! That was the end of the conversation.

Maybe I'm overreacting but doesn't this seem like bad policy? Or are things so bad with roasters and shipping that it is to be expected?

Its not that hard. Go online to your CC. Dispute the charge as never delivered, and if Klatch can't prove delivery you will get a refund.

And glad you posted this. For a seller that size that is just plain the wrong response.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

Advertisement
HB
Admin

#13: Post by HB »

HB wrote:Contributors to this thread should refer to Public complaints about customer service in Guidelines for productive online discussion. We're on step 3 and I'd like to avoid step 4.
Now that we've completed all 6 steps, please, let's all pause to take a breath. Thanks.
Dan Kehn

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#14: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

I missed Mike's great response in post #7.

This is a win win though as he can now coach his employees to do better, and they have the size to do so.

I will remind me people that paying with a quality CC and using their dispute process works well especially for smaller purchases if needed.

So hopefully the coffee arrives and you are satisfied.

Happy Friday.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

Plinyyounger

#15: Post by Plinyyounger »

I have to chime in again. Another user mentioned another great roaster, Dragonfly. I also order form this roaster, I really love the hammer they make, it's fantastic. I had some confusion with an order. I ordered a kilo and my receipt indicated 12oz. I emailed them and within an hour they assured me the correct order was shipped, fantastic!

I really enjoy the roasters I use, whether local or out of state. I certainly do not see the value in putting a business on blast in a forum who utilizes them specifically over a rare issue. Especially when most of the time it can be rectified via a phone call or email. There was a time when I was younger when I'd want something for free, nowadays I think that is the wrong approach.

Cheers, enjoy your machines and I wish you great shots.
Family, coffee and fun.

sweaner

#16: Post by sweaner »

Peppersass wrote:If the tracking info shows that the package was indeed shipped Priority Mail, then the issue is with the USPS, not Klatch. Why should Klatch be responsible for USPS's error
I am surprised by your response. IMO, a seller is responsible for getting the product to the customer if they are going to sell via shipping, end of story. I have found that any time I have had a problem with shipping the sellers have taken care of it, even though it is not really their fault. It is, however, good business practice.
Scott
LMWDP #248

Peppersass

#17: Post by Peppersass replying to sweaner »

I can't disagree that it's good business practice -- in normal times. If this was a one-off error by USPS, it would be wise for Klatch to send you another shipment that would reach you in normal Priority Mail time. Keeping customers happy is worth the relatively small cost. However, in these unprecedented times, with Priority Mail delivery being unpredictable, Klatch could lose money if it tried to replace every delayed shipment. And when you consider that their overall cash flow might be suffering from reduced traffic at cafes, the wrong policy might be the difference between life and death of the business.

OTOH, you might have gotten the wrong person on the other end of the phone or email, and another customer service person or manager might have responded differently. If Klatch lists its management emails on the website, you might try sending an inquiry to see if the response you got is company policy.

Advertisement
OpenSource

#18: Post by OpenSource »

something similar happened with square mile but their response was totally the opposite! I really felt as a very valued customer!

ira
Team HB

#19: Post by ira »

Peppersass wrote:I can't disagree that it's good business practice -- in normal times. If this was a one-off error by USPS, it would be wise for Klatch to send you another shipment that would reach you in normal Priority Mail time. Keeping customers happy is worth the relatively small cost. However, in these unprecedented times, with Priority Mail delivery being unpredictable, Klatch could lose money if it tried to replace every delayed shipment. And when you consider that their overall cash flow might be suffering from reduced traffic at cafes, the wrong policy might be the difference between life and death of the business.
Then they need to find another shipper. Blaming problems on the shipper without noting that shipping may take up to 2 weeks and offering an alternative is silly. Silly is probably the wrong word, but there are options to USPS, we gave it up when FedEx offered us 3 day flat rate for just a bit more than Priority mail and our packages get delivered. Not perfect, but way better than Priority is doing today.

Ira

HB
Admin

#20: Post by HB »

This thread is looping on steps 3 and 4. Let's put it on pause for a bit. Thanks.
Dan Kehn