Arist coffee machine (Kickstarter) - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Spitz.me (original poster)

#11: Post by Spitz.me (original poster) »

Looks like they might be adding the ability to automatically add syrups! YAY!!!!!

How is this so successful? Is there such a thirst for a super-auto that people forget there are superautos? Is Nespresso not good enough? Reminds me of Bonaverde...
LMWDP #670

maccompatible

#12: Post by maccompatible »

This was my favorite part. The frustrating traditional method. Haha. At least it wasn't in black and white.

"Wait. People drink coffee just for the caffeine??"
LMWDP #628

canuckcoffeeguy

#13: Post by canuckcoffeeguy »

maccompatible wrote:This was my favorite part. The frustrating traditional method. Haha. At least it wasn't in black and white.

<image>
Yeah this part was amusing. But it's reminiscent of infomercials creating a problem that doesn't exist.

Spitz.me (original poster)

#14: Post by Spitz.me (original poster) »

Wait... you guys don't always have coffee poured just neatly in a patch in front of you and a GLASS OF MILK inconveniently sitting just in front of the espresso machine? A GLASS of milk...

/edit

Let's not forget all those times you have half the portafilter spill out onto the drip tray before you can lock it in... :roll: :mrgreen:
LMWDP #670

Paul_Pratt

#15: Post by Paul_Pratt »

It has been suspended following an objection from Scanomat. You would have thought having the backing of the HK Science Park (funded by the HK Government) that they would have done some due diligence.

Bak Ta Lo
Supporter ♡

#16: Post by Bak Ta Lo replying to Paul_Pratt »

Paul, I can hear the collective "AIYA, Ma Faaaaan!"
LMWDP #371

ira
Team HB

#17: Post by ira »

Paul_Pratt wrote:It has been suspended following an objection from Scanomat. You would have thought having the backing of the HK Science Park (funded by the HK Government) that they would have done some due diligence.
I'm happy about that, it seemed so much like a get rich quick scam. Not to say it was, it just felt off.

Ira

Paul_Pratt

#18: Post by Paul_Pratt »

ira wrote:I'm happy about that, it seemed so much like a get rich quick scam. Not to say it was, it just felt off.

Ira
Yes something did not add up. Maybe not a scam but very wishful thinking. A super fully-auto for $250-$300? Absolutely crazy.
Bak Ta Lo wrote:Paul, I can hear the collective "AIYA, Ma Faaaaan!"
Very embarassing I think. Doesn't look good for anyone concerned least of all the HK science park.

happytamper

#19: Post by happytamper »

But it looked so good! Had I not so many levers I was going to go for the preorder price. Even thought it sounded to good to be true.

Still would love to see a machine like this out on the market at some point. As would many other people given the amount of money they raised before the .... crash.

Well back to reality I guess.
Mitchell
LMWDP #77

Bob_McBob

#20: Post by Bob_McBob »

On Facebook they say they're redesigning the app interface and the Kickstarter project will be back up by Friday.
Chris