Are cup size and shape too often everlooked factors? - Page 4

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
wachuko

#31: Post by wachuko »

lancealot wrote:Jamie, While you are at it, I would like to encourage you to pick up some of these. They are my favorite scheme on the NotNeutral cups. I have the demi's, capps, small latte and filter mug in this color scheme.
https://www.intelligentsiacoffee.com/bl ... -demitasse
Those look like the notNeutral that I recently purchased in black and in white... those are white with a red line. Rather than buying another one that is physically the same... I ordered the Fellow Monty Demitasse Set in white. Different from the Joey I also recently got...

That is it, I am now done! Saving my pennies for the Londinium R....
Searching for that perfect espresso!

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#32: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Jamie has 304 cups now. :D
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

IamOiman
Team HB

#33: Post by IamOiman »

I have quite a variety of cups collected while living in Italy. Overall I have 75-100 but this shows the different types I have for espresso. I like the wide flaired ones as I can catch a double spout more easily so less spillage while extracting. The narrow ones I like to use if the double is for two separate people hence two cups. I like the caffe ciorfito one (in pink) since it is one of my favorite Neapolitan bars and they use the exact cups. It is a relief of the bay of Naples and comes in the colour green, pink, and blue.

There are little caps that exist for the cups in order to keep them warm for longer. They are used primarily when you are at a sit down restaurant and order an espresso at the table.

The Starbucks in Milan is branded as high end, so they have some equipment that you cannot buy anywhere else like cups, coffee scoopers, thermoses, etc. This particular cup is 90ml/3oz so I like to use it for small milk drinks.
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

wachuko

#34: Post by wachuko »

Ryan,

Thank you for sharing. That is a lovely collection that you have there.

Looks like we will have to add Gran Caffe' Ciorfito to the list of places to visit when we make it to Italy!!

Caps for the cups, had never seen that. I thought I was done, but looks like I need to find one of those to add... or just wait to buy in whenever we finally make it to Italy... Devo trovare una tazzina da caffè con coperchio :)

http://www.sakacaffe.it/merchandising.php

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

wachuko

#35: Post by wachuko »

So back to the main topic... Has anyone seen the Kruve Propel?

https://www.kruveinc.com/products/propel

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

wachuko

#36: Post by wachuko »

And right after that post, I get my last order for this year...

Could not resist taking advantage of the free shipping, so I added a stock Rocket portafilter, some spoons, and the Rocket espresso cups.

I bought my Rocket used and it did not bring any portafilter. I initially got Decent Espresso portafilters (naked and double) but was always looking to add an original Rocket one... After I dial in the coffee beans with the naked filter, I like the convenience of using the regular one, since I mostly do double espressos, I really did not have the need for a double portafilter, wanted a single spout one to use regularly... I did order (coming on a slow boat) a single spout to convert the Decent portafilter that I have to a single spout, this was weeks ago and I am still waiting for it to arrive... but here was the perfect excuse to get a Rocket portafilter for my Rocket Cellini that only took a couple of days to arrive...

Anyway, photos! Here you go:

These are now all promoted to daily use...

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

belegnole

#37: Post by belegnole »

I was trying to explain what a demitasse was the other day to a friend. They were thinking of the generic espresso cup, that looks like a miniature coffee mug. So I ended up taking a shot of a few of mine to show him.

Nuova Point Sorrento (Maria's espresso monkey), Inker Tina (OE Blackbird), Ancap Verona (Caffe Lusso), Unknown (Espresso Parts)
LMWDP #641

wachuko

#38: Post by wachuko »

Ordered these to try... bisqitCERAMICS... got them in 2.2 and 4 ounces. Was told that they feel great and hold the temperature inside the cup well...

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

bluesman

#39: Post by bluesman »

wachuko wrote:Ordered these to try... bisqitCERAMICS... got them in 2.2 and 4 ounces. Was told that they feel great and hold the temperature inside the cup well.
I just looked at their site - those are gorgeous!! If they feel as good as they look, you'll be a very happy home barista.

lagoon

#40: Post by lagoon »

Spitz.me wrote:
I think, by far, the worst cup is a double walled glass cup. Espresso stays too hot for too long. Looks cool, tastes terrible.
I agree. The double walled glasses really mess with Your taste perception, probably due to the wide temperature difference between the fluid and the outer wall of the vessel.

Good quality crockery is the go.