Are cup size and shape too often everlooked factors? - Page 13

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
cdo

#121: Post by cdo »

Jeff wrote:I've found the Inker Luna at idrinkcoffee.com and one of the Inker lines at becoffee.ca (Luna, perhaps?), but haven't found the Ischia line yet. I don't see it in http://www.inkerpor.hr/wp-content/uploa ... ee-cup.pdf or searching the Inker site.

Is there a known source for the Ischia cups at this time?

For anyone that has both the Luna and Ischia, how would you describe the difference. Emotional is fine. I'm trying to complement my 15-year-old Nouva Point cups. Current Nouva Point vs. "vintage", other options?
Inker doesn't list the Ischia on their site anymore, and pretty much any listing I have seen for it has been from 2010-2012 so I would hazard to guess they have been discontinued. Looks like you just have to get lucky at this point unfortunately.

Edit: contacted Inker on social media and they confirmed they have been discontinued.

nameisjoey

#122: Post by nameisjoey »

As someone who only owns the complete Monty collection in both colors, I absolutely love the look and feel of them. I do agree though their heat dissipation can be frustrating. I definitely spend some extra time pre heating them every day. Is this a common issue? I notice it much less on the cortado size and up. Specifically the espresso demitasse are the ones that give me issues.

Would you say the Lino cups are much better at keeping the espresso hotter?

wachuko

#123: Post by wachuko replying to nameisjoey »

On the Monty... yes, I have the same experience with those. Love the looks and feel of the cup... but even pre-heating them, the way they suck the heat of the espresso is not for me.... I did not move them away, love the feel, but I now use those for cortados/espresso macchiato

The Lino are indeed better at keeping the espresso hot for a longer time.
Searching for that perfect espresso!

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

wachuko

#124: Post by wachuko »

These finally arrived... ordered May 3rd... got here just now. Thin (approximately 4 mm) walls. Small cup is 45mm high and 60 mm diameter. The larger gray one is 57 mm tall with a diameter 68.5mm

The small Jupiter surface cup is the same size... but the larger one is a bit larger than the gray at 62 mm tall and a diameter of 76 mm

And to put them to the test. Love the interior blue color on the gray one... my favorite of the two... If the Jupiter would have had that finish, then that would be the one I would have like between the two... love the blue...

Some heat comes through but does not bother at all. They feel good... Nice... To daily use they go...

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#125: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Link pls again. Love the blue interior too.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

wachuko

#126: Post by wachuko replying to CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#127: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz replying to wachuko »

Which sizes did you order? From the website.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

wachuko

#128: Post by wachuko »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote: Which sizes did you order? From the website.
Gray: 2.2 oz and 3.4 oz I got them via Etsy store... I see that the direct link to their store only has them in 2.2, 4, 5, ...

The Jupiter I got in 2.2 oz and 4 oz

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

Jeff
Team HB

#129: Post by Jeff »

Thanks for the inspiration!

I broke down and bought some Lino in indigo
  • Espresso, 89 ml, 124-132 g
  • Double cap, 178 ml, 226-234 g
  • Sm. latte, 236 ml, 302-317 g
Though they are as delicate in line as I remembered, the espresso cup's 130-g weight is comparable to my 65-ml, vintage Nouva Points.

Great color, in my opinion. It makes me smile and makes up, to some extent, for the lack of familiarity of that thick porcelain.

Still looking for Inker Ischia, but I have a feeling that will be a long time

mathof

#130: Post by mathof »

Jeff wrote:Still looking for Inker Ischia, but I have a feeling that will be a long time
I've just taken delivery of two IPA Ischia cups and saucers. Judging by photos and published dimensions, they are similar to the Inker cups of the same name.