Almond milk recommendations for lattes?

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
jwoodyu

#1: Post by jwoodyu »

The wife has to cut out dairy prefers almond milk when she gets a latte out. Looking for recommendations understanding I don't need to froth it too much.

Thanks,

Woody

emradguy
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by emradguy »

My wife also drinks almond milk in her lattes. I buy Maple Hill creamery and/or Elmhurst. Bothe seem to steam pretty well, but from the Batista perspective, I prefer the Elmhurst.
LMWDP #748

Advertisement
rockethead26

#3: Post by rockethead26 »

My wife has settled on the Califia Original Barista Blend. We tried a few over the last 18 months. Her second fav was Pacific Barista Series Original. I could get a little more consistent foam body with the Pacific, but the Califia won out on flavor.

Epicurus

#4: Post by Epicurus »

My favorite is "Milkadamia Latte Da" Macadamia milk followed by Califia Farms Barista Blend Almond Milk.

prust
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by prust »

Costco almond milk is great for steaming. You can get a very good texture.

CSME9

#6: Post by CSME9 »

Couple new to me almond milks at local supermarket/store with good results so far 59 oz $3.

Silk Extra Creamy with 2 versions unsweet and original lightly sweet 6g, froths well wet paint texture.
Blue diamond extra creamy unsweet, slight not as smooth tasting as the silk version.

Have been using the Califia Barista Almond with mixed taste/steaming results, the two above milks were much better.

Kaffee Bitte

#7: Post by Kaffee Bitte »

rockethead26 wrote:My wife has settled on the Califia Original Barista Blend. We tried a few over the last 18 months. Her second fav was Pacific Barista Series Original. I could get a little more consistent foam body with the Pacific, but the Califia won out on flavor.
I love the Califia Barista blend for lattes. It is beautiful! I like that the flavor pairs so well with espresso. It's there momentarily but then just fades into the background so the coffee can be itself. The frothing is not quite as good as whole milk of course but it is good enough for me at home. I have had some great cups with really heavy bodied coffees that were just too thick with milk but oh so perfect with the oatmilk's lighter body balancing the coffee.

I have used a lot of different non dairy milks over the years and many are good. But the Califia is what I am keeping in my fridge now.
Lynn G.
LMWDP # 110

Advertisement
chipman

#8: Post by chipman »

Do you like it better than the Barista oat Milk version?

Kaffee Bitte

#9: Post by Kaffee Bitte »

I meant the oatmilk. I have not tried the Califia almond yet though I have been looking for it. I probably just haven't hit the right level of grocery yet. Whole foods is probably the spot.
Lynn G.
LMWDP # 110

nameisjoey

#10: Post by nameisjoey »

Califia Farms, always.

I've actually been inside their bottling facility and can attest, it's a very good facility. Very clean and they put out great product.