After coming back to espresso, I figured it's not a daily drink for me

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
marteccino

#1: Post by marteccino »

Drinking aeropress or similar push tool, I can drink it daily and looking forward to drink it every day, but remembering last time I had espresso machine drinking espresso, I noticed my body refused it after few days of consecutive drinking, and not having espresso machine it for a year or two, I bought new one by coincidence, but after few days the same pattern returned, my body just doesn't want espresso everyday... Heavy oils and denser residue pushed from beans under heavy pressure seems too strong for my body, but I reckon 2-3 espressos a week will be perfect to accompany my lighter brewing methods..

Milligan
Supporter ❤

#2: Post by Milligan »

Are you only drinking it straight? You may try it as a Cortado to ease the hit to your stomach.

Quester

#3: Post by Quester »

marteccino wrote:Drinking aeropress or similar push tool, I can drink it daily and looking forward to drink it every day, but remembering last time I had espresso machine drinking espresso, I noticed my body refused it after few days of consecutive drinking, and not having espresso machine it for a year or two, I bought new one by coincidence, but after few days the same pattern returned, my body just doesn't want espresso everyday... Heavy oils and denser residue pushed from beans under heavy pressure seems too strong for my body, but I reckon 2-3 espressos a week will be perfect to accompany my lighter brewing methods..
Pulling at what ratio?

Capuchin Monk

#4: Post by Capuchin Monk »

marteccino wrote:Heavy oils and denser residue pushed from beans under heavy pressure seems too strong for my body,
Did you mean your taste buds or your body as in digestive system? Those two would have different issues to deal with.

marteccino (original poster)

#5: Post by marteccino (original poster) »

Taste buds for me serve to asses purity of food. I eat food depending how it makes me feel energically and metabolically. That's why I stopped eating everything that had refined sugar in my teens and same for refined vegetable oil, more than 2 decades ago before social media influencers, and even all processed food, including white flour and eat only natural stuff. So that's how I assess food, so based on supermarket selection and my past difficulty to choose a edible food at restaurants I reckon I might be 2-3% of population that eats that way. So my body that tells me how food affects me and that espresso feels heavy and my body refuses it when I drink it consecutively, even tho I had it today again , but lighter coffee such as aeropress with fellow filter I can drink it everyday and my body is ok with it.

Capuchin Monk

#6: Post by Capuchin Monk »

marteccino wrote:Taste buds for me
Maybe your espresso shots can improve in flavor? If done well, espresso can be a tasty drink despite its concentrated flavor. If you want to look further into improving espresso shots, there are tons of threads on this forum.

marteccino (original poster)

#7: Post by marteccino (original poster) »

Yes always room for improvement, but ultimately it's not even about taste, but dense heavy extraction under pressure, which was my point that espresso for me ain't daily drink...but rather perhaps every second or so...

jedovaty

#8: Post by jedovaty »

Cool beans, dude :mrgreen: