3-D printed WDT tool (Umikot) - Page 9

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
JeffNYC

#81: Post by JeffNYC »

Well, got it printed, but no needle holes. Tried to dremel a starter hole but not working. Have a small drill bit but not small enough, pretty certain will be too big. Reprint? I used the 54mm short gear/mech from Onshape.

luvmy40

#82: Post by luvmy40 replying to JeffNYC »

What slicer are you using? What printer are you using? Have you dialed the printer in for accuracy on all axes?

The latest version of CURA slicer lets you adjust scale and holes independently. Others probably do as well, but I know that is a newer feature in CURA.

JeffNYC

#83: Post by JeffNYC »

I outsourced to Treatstock. They will take another look.

JeffNYC

#84: Post by JeffNYC »

Kran

#85: Post by Kran »

late to the party. The setting you're looking for in your slicing prog is called horizontal expansion. An adjustment of -0.1 worked perfectly for me.

The lugs on the model can be modified pretty easily to fit different portafilters. I made this one last night for my mini vivaldi. From the 54mm model had to change the lug pattern and expand diameter for the basket by about 2mm.

jimmy

#86: Post by jimmy »

Hi Kran, would you be willing to share the .stl file for your La Spaz modified ring? I've printed all of the other parts and need your part to fit my portafilter. Thanks!

JeffNYC

#87: Post by JeffNYC »

There is a modified La Spaziale on Printables, with some directions on changing perimeters.

https://www.printables.com/model/69466 ... ortafilter

jimmy

#88: Post by jimmy replying to JeffNYC »

I actually printed this base and it's a little too small a diameter for my portafilter. It would work but the basket hangs over the edge.

JeffNYC

#89: Post by JeffNYC »

Hmm. I do remember having to sand one part a bit to fit another, maybe that was it.

Kran

#90: Post by Kran »