What happened to the Bullet R1?

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
fnacer

Postby fnacer » Nov 15, 2018, 7:47 pm

I read a blog in May that mentioned PCB production issues and Sweet Maria's still shows the roaster as out of stock. Does anyone know what is going on?

stevanpierce

Postby stevanpierce » Nov 15, 2018, 9:47 pm

Here's what I've gotten off of Sweet Maria's. https://legacy.sweetmarias.com/library/ ... date-1022/

They're also upgrading the IR sensor which might account for additional time.

Shipping out late November, which means we're almost there!

fnacer

Postby fnacer » Nov 16, 2018, 12:28 am

Thank you for the link. Hopefully, just a couple more weeks!

Balthazar_B

Postby Balthazar_B » Nov 16, 2018, 11:22 am

fnacer wrote:I read a blog in May that mentioned PCB production issues and Sweet Maria's still shows the roaster as out of stock. Does anyone know what is going on?

Aillio is in the midst of development/manufacturing of the next-gen v1.5 (110v) and v2 (220v) versions of the Bullet. IIRC preordering is now possible on their site, with delivery anticipated for March 2019. Doubt any more v1 machines will be in the manufacturing pipeline.
- John

LMWDP # 577

sandollars

Postby sandollars » Nov 24, 2018, 11:58 am

I got tired of waiting and decided to pony up to a gas roaster. I hope I will be happy with my decision. :)
In perpetual pursuit of the Celestial Bean.

stevanpierce

Postby stevanpierce » Nov 24, 2018, 8:24 pm

I've put in a general support/inquiry ticket with them to see if this is true. March 2019 is too long to wait for me as well and may just bite the bullet...order a different of lesser caliber- likely hottop.

As soon as I hear back confirming or denying, I'll let everyone know.

ttttt91

Postby ttttt91 » Nov 29, 2018, 12:04 pm

Apparently, according to feedback from them, they started with the production of the 1.5 version and will start shipping soon....

mikemaddux

Postby mikemaddux » Nov 30, 2018, 12:00 pm

sandollars wrote:I got tired of waiting and decided to pony up to a gas roaster. I hope I will be happy with my decision. :)

What roaster did you get?

sandollars

Postby sandollars » Nov 30, 2018, 1:00 pm

I bought a BC Roaster BC-3MD, double wall drum. It's still out about a month but at least I know it's on its way. :)

I know these 2 roasters aren't a fair comparison ($2,500.00 vs. $6,500.00). In truth I started out looking at the 1 pound Mill City ($5,000.00) and the 1 pound BC Roaster BC-1(3,500.00). I decided on the BC-1 for my own reasons. Both are excellent machines but I am closer to Buckeye Arizona than Michigan. I moved up 2 sizes because my plan for this roaster might make it so that I would have to upgrade someday soon so I just decided to do it now.

I am excited about the possibilities and opportunities of gas and its effects on roast control and profiles. I have an electric drum now and I am not good enough to stay ahead of the development and having to anticipate how long it takes to heat up or cool off. I am pretty much guaranteed to waste 330 grams to get a profile for the next 330 grams. The problem is I only buy 1 pound of each coffee right now so that means 1 fair roast and 1 a little better. With gas, things should be much more controllable and (eventually) predictable.
In perpetual pursuit of the Celestial Bean.

wayneg1

Postby wayneg1 » replying to sandollars » Nov 30, 2018, 3:22 pm

I think you'll be very happy with your new roaster. I did the same and stepped up from a Huky to a Phoenix Oro 4. I drove to Avondale, AZ and picked mine up. The customer service from Randy is absolutely outstanding. His website is chaos but his service is great. I think our roasters are similar and I live in SoCal also. Let me know if you want to share info once you get your new machine. Cheers.