What happened to the Bullet R1? - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
sandollars

#11: Post by sandollars »

Thanks for the offer. I will definitely take you up on that. :)

I too, will be driving out to pick mine up. I am very much looking forward to it.
In constant pursuit of the Celestial Bean.

stevanpierce

#12: Post by stevanpierce »

I reached out to Bullet support to determine when the new bullet would be released, about a week or so ago. They replied back with this.

The first batch of Version 1.5 (110V) with the IR bean sensor is scheduled to ship this week, barring some surprise. Our distributors may begin selling it as soon as 3 weeks after, I would assume.

Version 2.0 (220V), we will begin manufacturing in January (if things continue to go relatively smoothly.) So there will be version 2.0 Bullets 'out in the wild' before March. But if you're referring to the current lead time on an order placed now -- yeah March makes sense. Also if you're waiting for certification -- March makes more sense. Some of it just depends on how smooth things are moving forward.

For instance, the 110V version 2.0 with new Power PCB will take more time, but we can't really say with any certainty how much. It has its own unique development hurdles to overcome.

Actually we'll be releasing a lot of information about the new Power PCB this week, along with certification updates (Australia needs this, in particular.). Info about the new IR is probably going to be released next week, or the week after, before they are widely available. It's something brand new for the market so we need to explain what it is, exactly, and how to use it. We've had a few pro's using it for awhile, though, and they seem to really like it.

Hope this helps. We know it's been a bit confusing with all the new software and the 2 different new versions of the R1 and different manufacturing schedules for each and all of the new tech we're working on and testing

Advertisement
Balthazar_B

#13: Post by Balthazar_B »

Thanks, Stevan. Good to know so much more information will be available soon. Watching the Sweet Marias presentations was like sniffing cooking bacon on a hungry morning.
- John

LMWDP # 577

stevanpierce

#14: Post by stevanpierce replying to Balthazar_B »

It has been. I check their site at least once an hour during the week days to see if they've listed them. I used to check less than that on the weekend when I relaized no one will be in the office let alone updating a web site. I almost gave up and ordered a Behmor...then I emailed them before shipping and had them remove it. Ordered removed the Behmor off the order and will have my coffee before my bullet but at least I'll gotten a great deal on their beans. :)

stevanpierce

#15: Post by stevanpierce »

Per Sweet Maria's site

A container of Bullet R1 roasters is on its way to our warehouse. We expect it to arrive in the first week of January 2019. If you signed up to receive a "Back in stock notice" you will receive an email when they are back in stock. We are only receiving 120 units so they will sell out fast! We hope to get another shipment in Spring 2019. We are working with Aillio to get larger shipments. Look out for status updates on the Bullet Bullet product page and Bullet library pages.

A few more weeks...and y'all better be quick on the draw!

Balthazar_B

#16: Post by Balthazar_B »

I've asked SM to confirm whether those are v1 or v1.5 machines (and if any 220v models are included in their shipment). I'll edit this post when I hear back.

EDIT: Sweet Maria's responded and have confirmed that their entire allocation will be v1.5 110v machines. I figured that, but then I'm a "trust but verify" kind of guy.
- John

LMWDP # 577

ttttt91

#17: Post by ttttt91 »

The answers to your questions are (kind of) obvious...

Allio said that v1 is sold out and all new machines are 1.5 (110v) and production of v2 (220v) is next year....so it will be all v1.5 in this shipping.

Advertisement
btreichel

#18: Post by btreichel »

In a post about the new 220 volt induction drive board, they mentioned April, and a new 110 induction drive board around August?

tyfabes

#19: Post by tyfabes »

When I was getting serious about purchasing a roaster, the Bullet R1 was very high on my list. I joined the 'Aillio Bullet R1 Users' Facebook group to get a sense for what owners were saying about their machines and it felt like almost everyday someone was posting about an issue with their Bullet. Not sure if this is indicative of build quality, but it turned me off.

I reeeally want to purchase one, but something tells me I should wait another iteration or two before pulling the trigger. Hopefully some of the QA issues will have subsided by then.

Very curious as to what the feedback on the new units will be.

tossik

#20: Post by tossik replying to tyfabes »

Perhaps Cormorand CR600 might be what you're looking for?