Upgrading coffee roaster to the next level

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
ymg

#1: Post by ymg »

hi
i searching to upgrading coffee roaster to the next level,
currently using behmor & sanapfresco roaster.

i have tasted the coffee from coffee tech engineering , the solar model (israel coffee roaster manufacturer, automatic coffee roaster with only one profile that controls every parameters).

that have made me realize that the coffee that iam getting out from my roaster are not in the same level or even close, the coffee from solar roster was much superior, the problem is the price tag, around 12K $ .

i searching for something cheaper while the roaster can be less then 2 kg as the solar, i can manage even 300gr per roast for home use (the solar comes with min 2 kilo, while making it much more expensive and i really dont need that for home use)

will appreciate your recommendation to move to real good roasting that is much superior than the behemor/ sanapresco , while remaining in a reasonable price for home use.

thanks!!

mack1611

#2: Post by mack1611 »

I just moved into a Cormorant C600... Very happy with it.

Advertisement
redbone

#3: Post by redbone »

Good feedback on the Bullet R1 1Kg roaster.
Larger model in the works.
The R1 is often on back order.
Check link below for availability.

https://aillio.com/?page_id=18556
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

ymg (original poster)

#4: Post by ymg (original poster) »

thanks for the recommendations.

i research on them...

will appreciate more recommendations....
thanks

hankua
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by hankua »

Huky500 is another high end home roaster, easy to purchase and ship anywhere in the world from Taiwan.

mack1611

#6: Post by mack1611 »

You can also look at the Kaldi Fortus. I was going with this unit until I found the Cormorant.
http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/deta ... =784965148

ymg (original poster)

#7: Post by ymg (original poster) »

Hi

i leaning toward the CR600, however CR600 is unavailble for one year now.

i meanwhile i be happy to hear more suggestions for drum coffee roaster that knows how to express well special flavor of each origin ( iam using the behemor and sanafresco now days and the coffee that outputs very similar to each other, while check with solar roaster coffee and had much more tast diffrence from one origin to the other)

does drum coffee roaster will give me the true flavors of each origin? can you give me more recommendations for affordable drum roaster ?

thanks

Advertisement
_ingo

#8: Post by _ingo »

What is affordable?

I have been roasting on the "Röstbiene" for 8 years. With a few modifications, very controlled roasting is possible.
Good sample roasting abilities, I also roast on a Turkish 5kg drum roaster and sometimes with small Gene.

Pricelevel is bit higher than Chinese roaster, the quality is outstanding and built for eternity.
The seller seems to have little interest in the sale, marketing is a word of mouth.
Last but not least......there is no big fanbase.
http://roestbiene.de

baldheadracing
Team HB

#9: Post by baldheadracing »

There's a used Roestbiene and a used CR600 for sale on this forum, and a used MillCity 500g for sale on the NorthRoasterForum - all at pretty good prices.

This is a pretty rare situation in my experience.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

SJM

#10: Post by SJM »