Thoughts on BOCABOCA 250? - Page 8

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
renatoa

#71: Post by renatoa »

An Indonesian coffee is the least appropriate coffee to approach/learn a new machine.
It looks awful, as we can see in the pictures, either green or roasted, but so it's the appearance, not because is bad.
And... to reveal the best, must be roasted dark.
I would not blame the roaster for the results.

Regarding roast profile, preheating at 200C is good, but after charge I would maintain the same power level until TP, then would raise power slowly until 250C ET somewhere at minute 4-6, and keep there to the end.

postino

#72: Post by postino replying to renatoa »

Thanks for your comments Renatoa, I will give it a try.
I'm usually at ET 150C at 6 minute on full power 12. (thermometer reading) Since this is a radiant heating I'm not sure how else to measure ET.

I'm also worried about roasting darker as it looks like carbon instead of a dark roast.

I'm in Indonesia and exporting Sumatra beans.
I just wanted to make the best possible roast with my beans and had been using the modified popper but spent too much time troubleshooting, so was looking for something simpler. I do miss the temp logging and heat & fan control feature with artisan.

cheers

Advertisement
Sir Anselm

#73: Post by Sir Anselm »

I have a Bocaboca 250 on the way home. I only drink light roast, mostly african, coffee. Anybody have any good starting points for a profile? Charge temp, drop off etc.