Thoughts on BOCABOCA 250? - Page 6

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
mhlwong

#51: Post by mhlwong »

Is it possible to use Artisan with BOCABOCA?

renatoa

#52: Post by renatoa »

If you replace the thermometer with a wireless probe... as did the Gene guys.
And add an USB controlled variator on heater...
Too many mods, for what ?
The point of BB is roasting using senses, not pushing a button.

Kiwicoffeebug

#53: Post by Kiwicoffeebug »

Hi , I've had a bocaboca 250 for about a year, for me it was an enormous jump up from a $5 popcorn popper,and ive been satisfied playing around with the times,bean mixes and temperature to get a roast that suits our palate.
I was intrigued to read about cleaning the glass ,as mine is now completely black, and it doesn't sound too problematic.

renatoa

#54: Post by renatoa »

I am using a popular here dish cleaning paste (Axion) to clean glass parts of my roaster, but not waiting to burn, I am cleaning them when they became too dirty to properly observe the roast process.

Kiwicoffeebug

#55: Post by Kiwicoffeebug »

I think I've left my glass a bit too long,someone mentioned just using dishwashing liquid and sponge, but that don't do nothing on my glass.
So I may need something a bit stronger? I'll see what products are available down here in the antipodes!

happycat

#56: Post by happycat replying to Kiwicoffeebug »

Trisodium phosphate? TSP
LMWDP #603

renatoa

#57: Post by renatoa »

The Axion paste I wrote above is a bit abrazive, like the products used in skin peeling.

LE: Seems to be a Colgate-Palmolive product, manufactured in Guatemala and popular in Central America too, where C-P held high retail share percentages ... Costa Rica (39%), Dominican Republic (31%), Colombia (40%), and Ecuador (39%); Guatemala (39%) with Axion and Doña Blanca brands.

Kiwicoffeebug

#58: Post by Kiwicoffeebug »

So....if anyone else leaves cleaning the glass till too late! I made a paste with liquid soap,baking soda and wood ash,that worked.
I'll clean it more regularly in future!

renatoa

#59: Post by renatoa »

Look at this supreme "BOCA" :D

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/48 ... ee-roaster

lol, the results aren't to the claims highness, imo

happybidegg

#60: Post by happybidegg »

mhlwong wrote:Would be deeply appreciated if you could share your experience on this tiny roaster. For the tiny thermometer, since it is rotating with the drum during roasting, it won't be able to be replaced by wired thermocouples, an i right?
if u r in hk, i dont mind letting u go up my home and try the machine urself