Tasting coffee from Atitlan Guatemala of San Lucas Toliman Juan Ana Coffee - Page 3

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
mkane
Supporter ♡

#21: Post by mkane »

post #18 looks like some real hands on roasting

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#22: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Chert wrote:No; I prefer 360-390 g, but sometimes for efficiency to complete one lb, I would like to have some confidence of the largest possible HUKy batch size. That's why I was exploring with the two roasts. That is an example where a well heated roaster is needed. starting cool and early high heat did not result in a desirable roast.
Great learning. Can you push it to an 11 min roast?
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

Advertisement
Chert (original poster)

#23: Post by Chert (original poster) replying to CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

I tried and succeeded. The coffee is pretty good too:

LMWDP #198

yakster
Supporter ♡

#24: Post by yakster »

Roasted another 700 grams today, glad I grabbed this when I did so I can have fresh coffee.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Vince_in_Montreal

#25: Post by Vince_in_Montreal »

***Sorry, I just realized I'm highjacking this thread, I will delete it if it bothers OP or steps on toes***

To everyone that shared graphs, your roast profiles are an inspiration lol. I'm working towards achieving similar results. My last roast tastes better every day so I think from this point forward I will be able to drink my own roasts lol.

So here's my question if you folks don't mind answering, A)how do you get the BT to drop so low at charge? I'm on a Kaldi New Wide which has a 350g capacity, I'm charging 250g @290f with the gas off and I can barely dip below 200f. And my ET dips nearly as low as my BT till I turn the gas on at 1:40. You guys get your ET to remain far more flat at charge? Is their a technique I'm not considering or am unaware of?

Stunning graph in your first post OP. Seriously

mkane
Supporter ♡

#26: Post by mkane »

It's more or less a function of the TC you use. I just kept lowering my charge temp until TP temp was reasonable. That put me down around 310° charge temp. I'm not so sure recorded temp means as much as having declining RoR. I'm a rookie so take that with a grain of salt.

Just don't be like I was.. This needs to be enjoyable. Sometimes I turn off the laptop an just use sight & smell.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#27: Post by yakster »

mkane wrote:It's more or less a function of the TC you use.
Agree, thinner thermocouples will be more responsive, and the IR sensor on the Bullet is even more responsive with little to no lag.

I enjoyed some of this coffee today brewed in the Brazen after getting a ZeroWater pitcher yesterday.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Advertisement
Chert (original poster)

#28: Post by Chert (original poster) »

This mornings batch brew of a recent roast is a comfortable, sweet cup pairing well with my Nutrigrain apple cinnamon bar. Cinnamon breakfast treats go great with coffee, right up there with a spicy taco and a full city roast.
LMWDP #198

yakster
Supporter ♡

#29: Post by yakster »

I'm really enjoying this brewed and pulled as espresso shots, I've been mixing in Rwanda Gikongoro Robusta at 10% for brewed coffee and up to 25% for espresso.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272