Looking for Sivetz resources "How to obtain excellence with fluid bed roasters"

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
andrewjlb

#1: Post by andrewjlb »

Hello. A couple of months ago I was given the opportunity to learn roasting on a Sivetz 1/4 bag machine and it's been a lot of fun; however, I know the quality of my roasts can be better...way better. I have a couple of pages on machine operation-- essentially it's along the lines of 'set temp., load beans, push start, extract after cooling' and this is pretty much how I was taught. I've been doing a lot of research online and a lot of experimenting. On this forum, in 2010, user Yakster provided links he found in the SCAA digital library to an audio file, handout, and transcript of Sivetz's talk at the 2002 SCAA conference, "How to obtain excellence with fluid bed roasters". As most of you are probably well aware the SCAA digital library is down.

Did anyone happen to read/listen to this talk? Is it so full of vital information that it's worth tracking down? Or, rather, is it worth joining the SCAA in order to obtain the transcript should they still have it? Did anyone save these files and store them and would provide access to them?

Thank you.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by yakster »

-Chris

LMWDP # 272

andrewjlb (original poster)

#3: Post by andrewjlb (original poster) »

Hi Yakster.
Thanks a lot! I really appreciate the links, especially the Sivetz site-- I used the Wayback Machine to try to find the old site but came up empty. Also used it to try to find info in the SCAA links you provided but nothing. I've seen those vids and sites--I always try to exhaust all internet and forum searches before asking for help on forums. More often than not, questions are answered with a little time and patience. Thanks again for your time!