RoastLogger - help change range of ROR scale - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
espressojr

Postby espressojr » Mar 18, 2015, 6:05 pm

jb-0101 wrote:Legend - thanks Tom.
BTW - seriously happy with the Rao roast development ratio feature, that is seriously cool!

+1 on BOTH accounts!!!

GreenBean

Postby GreenBean » Mar 19, 2015, 1:26 pm

I have just released a RoastLogger update incorporating the additional functionality requested in this thread. For details see todays post on toomuchcoffee.com or the RoastLogger updates page.

I have decided not to include keyboard shortcuts for menu items in this update but may include them in a future update.

samuellaw178
Team HB

Postby samuellaw178 » Mar 19, 2015, 5:14 pm

GreenBean wrote:I have just released a RoastLogger update incorporating the additional functionality requested in this thread. For details see todays post on toomuchcoffee.com.

I have decided not to include keyboard shortcuts for menu items in this update but may include them in a future update.

Thank you!!!
:mrgreen:

jb-0101

Postby jb-0101 » Mar 19, 2015, 5:34 pm

GreenBean wrote:I have just released a RoastLogger update incorporating the additional functionality requested in this thread. For details see todays post on toomuchcoffee.com.

Absolute legend - thanks so much Tom!

jb-0101

Postby jb-0101 » Mar 21, 2015, 7:24 pm

Hi Tom,

This is off topic i know, but for some reason I'm not able to save my logs. After a roast when I click the "Log" tab and click "Save log", I can't type anything in the "Save as" field - as in when I click on the field where you would type, a cursor does not appear and when I type nothing is entered - so it wont let me save the log.

I'm using a Macbook with Yosemite - any ideas?

GreenBean

Postby GreenBean » Mar 22, 2015, 4:09 am

That sounds really extraordinary. The save dialog is a standard Java dialog which should behave correctly on any OS.

I develop and use RoastLogger on OS X (all versions from 10.6 to 10.9.5) and also regularly test it on Ubuntu and various versions of Windows. These tests include various versions of Java (Apple, Oracle and Open JDK) and I have never seen or heard of such a problem.

I do not have Yosemite installed on any of my machines to test it but it sounds like a compatibility problem between Yosemite and the version of Java you are using. Yosemite is known to have had a number of problems with Java but the latest version of Oracle Java should work OK.

In order for me to help you resolve this please email me a copy of the user information from the RoastLogger Help About box. This will include information on the version of Java you are using to run RoastLogger. My email address is included at the bottom of the Help About box.

GreenBean

Postby GreenBean » Mar 22, 2015, 6:55 am

I was so intrigued by this issue that I have just installed Yosemite on a spare drive to test it. Everything works absolutely fine for me. The version of OS X and Java used for the test is shown in this screenshot of my about box.

You can see from this screenshot of the log save dialog that the cursor is in the Save As field and editing works fine.

So I think your problem is to do with an incompatible or corrupted version of Java :( I suggest you install the

latest version of Oracle Java.If that does not fix the problem then please email me the information I requested in my previous post.

jb-0101

Postby jb-0101 » Mar 22, 2015, 10:31 pm

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the very detailed help. I checked the Java version and it was a later version that yours, so I was a bit confused.

However downloaded the latest version anyway, restarted Roastlogger - and it worked! I can now make notes etc and save profiles.

Thanks heaps for your help!

GreenBean

Postby GreenBean » Mar 23, 2015, 3:40 am

No problem. It is good to hear that your problem is resolved :D

Beanz

Postby Beanz » Apr 27, 2015, 5:26 am

I recently started using RoastLogger and I am very happy with the results but have a couple of questions.
I have dowloaded the PDF Manual and on Page 20 the image shows the Event Table in the bottom right corner of the Chart but in the RoastLogger version 2.3.5 I recently downloaded it appears in the top left corner.
Is there a way the user can reposition the table to the bottom right corner of the chart ?
I run a probe for MET and the table sits right on top of the graph early in the roast, I could adjust the scale but moving the table would be my preference. Not a big issue but it would be a nice tweak in my case.
The Smoothing works well but I notice that RoR does not smooth until after I have Saved the Log, this is fine but I am wondering why RoR is not included in the Smoothing while logging. Have I have missed soemthing when setting up ? I have ticked Items 2,3 & 4 in the Smoothing selection