Roast Software for FreshRoast?

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
TheOtherKourt

#1: Post by TheOtherKourt »

Hey folks,

I'm still very new to home roasting, but am quite a fan of graphs and data. Because of that, I love the idea of utilizing roast software to track data as I see many do. However, I'm not really finding any information on the ability to use roasting software for my air roaster, which is a FreshRoast 540. Is there software available for a "beginner" roaster like mine, or will it be something I will need to wait on until I get a better roaster?

Sorry if this is a total newbie question that I am just missing obvious information on!

Thanks!
Kourtney

Andy

#2: Post by Andy »

Artisan is the most common among this group. You will find lots of info if you search the site. I use Roastmaster -- an iOS app, which I like. Both have several options for roaster-device interface. I have never used a Freshroast, but I presume it would involve drilling a hole for the temp probe, unless there is a ready-made port that will serve.

Advertisement
TheOtherKourt (original poster)

#3: Post by TheOtherKourt (original poster) »

Sorry for the long AFK, life got the best of me.

Thank you, Andy! There is not already a port drilled in mine, and I'm not sure if the capabilities of using software are different with an air roaster. I will look more into the one you mentioned!

Thanks!