Roast and Learn Together - November 2013 - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
TomC
Team HB

#11: Post by TomC »

Wont speak for Dave, but Guatemalan coffees for the most part, exhibit a great deal of flexibility, making delicious coffee at many roast levels. Heck, we could spend the whole month of November just going over 4 different roast levels on the same coffee, one roast a week.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Boldjava (original poster)

#12: Post by Boldjava (original poster) »

pShoe wrote:Add me to the list; I have both coffees on the way.

For a little pre-roasting discussion, was there any specific reasons for choosing the Guat Huehue (WP) Tony Sanchez offering?
3 reasons:

1. I love a good Guat,
2. I adore Huehues, and
3. "Blackberry..."
  • The amount of fruit and cocoa tasted in the cup is impressive. Flavors of blackberry syrup, apple juice, and pear come to mind in the cooling cup. These flavors are immediately vying for attention against a growing presence of dark chocolate and cinnamon.
-----
LMWDP #339

pShoe

#13: Post by pShoe replying to Boldjava »

I love a good Guat too. The only thing I love more is a good Yirgacheffe, so I'm stoked for the first two.

germantown rob

#14: Post by germantown rob »

I ordered 20lbs of each and threw another 20 of a Costa on to max out the ups ground shipping special, $21.99 for up to 60 lbs.

TomC
Team HB

#15: Post by TomC »

That's a pretty good deal. It's usually $9 to ship 10lbs. I dream of the day that I need to buy 60lbs of coffee at one time. It better be mind blowing coffee however :)
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Boldjava (original poster)

#16: Post by Boldjava (original poster) »

Reminder
  • Note for international participants: If SM's doesn't ship to your country, I will order at cost (plus $.50/lb) and ship internationally (at cost). 7-8 days to Asia and Europe; 10 days to Middle East. PM me by 10.29.13.
-----
LMWDP #339

Andy

#17: Post by Andy »

I'm in, too. Just ordered.

Andy

lewis_ph

#18: Post by lewis_ph »

[moved to new topic] Behmor low heat /long roasts

espressojr
Supporter ♡

#19: Post by espressojr »

just ordered...we've got an SC/TO in the mix now. I've got way too many greens but couldn't resist the opportunity to play around with some roast profiles.

johnlyn

#20: Post by johnlyn »

Oh my, this is brilliant. I will be following and hope to join a future endeavour. Have fun y'all!