Roast and Learn Together - January 2014 - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
rgrosz

#11: Post by rgrosz »

I'm definitely in for both Jan + Feb roasting.
LMWDP #556
Life is too short to drink bad wine - or bad coffee

boar_d_laze (original poster)

#12: Post by boar_d_laze (original poster) »

2lbs each of Jan and Feb GRP coffees arrived at my house today; along with 18lbs of other Klatch beans. That -- along with another 10kg of good beans I have banked -- should take me all the way through Valentines Day.

Roasting is giving me a helluva good time.

BDL
Drop a nickel in the pot Joe. Takin' it slow. Waiter, waiter, percolator

JavaMD
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by JavaMD »

ordered mine ... hoping to be able to use the Revolution 500 on these instead of the Gene Café.

Steve

Boldjava

#14: Post by Boldjava replying to JavaMD »

Leaving us Gene boys behind, eh? Good for you! Some day...

Ordered Jan/Feb's since individually ordering and waiting wipes out the discount with double shipping. Grabbed some house espresso as well. Wanted a nice comfort coffee for the holidays' cortados on the Cremina.
-----
LMWDP #339

johnlyn

#15: Post by johnlyn »

I'm all ordered up as well. 40$ shipping which makes it the same as ordering from a canadian source.

Boldjava

#16: Post by Boldjava »

Boldjava wrote:...Ordered Jan/Feb's since individually ordering and waiting wipes out the discount with double shipping. Grabbed some house espresso as well. Wanted a nice comfort coffee for the holidays' cortados on the Cremina.
Jan/Feb's coffees arrived. I also had them toss in some house blend espresso from Klatch for holiday treats on the Cremina (and some Gesha from Revel in Billings). It will be the first coffees I have had from either of them.

Have some Christmas cookies to make and then I am going to wade through November's collaborative event and wrap it up.

B|Java
-----
LMWDP #339

boar_d_laze (original poster)

#17: Post by boar_d_laze (original poster) »

Would it be cheating to roast small samples of the red honey to determine best finish levels before Jan?

BDL
Drop a nickel in the pot Joe. Takin' it slow. Waiter, waiter, percolator

TomC
Team HB

#18: Post by TomC replying to boar_d_laze »

I had most of December's coffee figured out before Thanksgiving.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

rgrosz

#19: Post by rgrosz »

rgrosz wrote:Depending on how much you plan to order, there is another deal you can take advantage of. If you plan to order at least $50 from Klatch, you should wait until Saturday 12/28.

They offer free shipping for the last weekend of the month via a special coupon code - but only to US customers. This happens EVERY month - based on the last 24 months. I'll wait a few weeks, since the free shipping saves over $15.

Rick G
Klatch released this month's discount code, which saves me $16 on shipping. Use FREEKLATCH through Jan 1st for free ground shipping.
LMWDP #556
Life is too short to drink bad wine - or bad coffee

UseIt4Toddy

#20: Post by UseIt4Toddy »

Thanks for the reminder! I'm in for January and February. Looking forward to it,