Roast and learn, interest for a new one?

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Chert

#1: Post by Chert »

Any one interested in another group roast and taste and learn? Mexico Nayarita washed is on sale at Burman. That bean could be a suggestion for a FC to Vienna, R & L effort if folks want to study that side of the spectrum.

Vs go more nordic in style with a different bean.

Thoughts, suggestions ?
LMWDP #198

Kind_Karma

#2: Post by Kind_Karma »

I am interested. We order same green beans, post profiles and discuss cupping results?

Moxiechef
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by Moxiechef »

Is this intended for espresso or filter??

Chert (original poster)

#4: Post by Chert (original poster) »

Kind_Karma wrote:I am interested. We order same green beans, post profiles and discuss cupping results?
Correct. Usually a thread like this leads to some interest in a specific bean or learning endeavor, we order the greens, and get started, and post the curves, discussion in a thread dedicated to the experience / exchange.
Moxiechef wrote:Is this intended for espresso or filter??
I'm not sure what you refer to. If the Nayarita washed (linked above), I know I will roast for filter and be using that same roast in my espresso machine.

For either approach I am open to suggestions, but I listed that bean because it is on sell. If the interest is higher for the "nordic" roast exploration, I am open to suggestions. Here is one:https://www.roastmasters.com/kenya-kagumoini.html
LMWDP #198

Moxiechef
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by Moxiechef »

I was wondering if the specific bean was suitable for espresso extractions. If so, then I'd be interested.

Chert (original poster)

#6: Post by Chert (original poster) »

If there is a consensus for nordic style, I picked up Guji Washed Wachu from Mill City. PM if someone wants up to 5# of the 10 I bought. I don't know that the R & L must be from the same bean. And there are threads on the bean already started.
LMWDP #198

Chert (original poster)

#7: Post by Chert (original poster) »

I am leaning toward roasting and discussing the Nayarita. If as many as four of us want to go that route, then I would start the R & L thread. It would be the bean to explore at roast levels of greater development I think.

As of now I heard from one Kind_Karma and I think Moxiechef, or were you leaning toward the Ethiopian?
Moxiechef wrote:I was wondering if the specific bean was suitable for espresso extractions. If so, then I'd be interested.
LMWDP #198

Moxiechef
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by Moxiechef »

I'm in for the Nayarita. Order placed.

[creative nickname]

#9: Post by [creative nickname] »

If you do end up going with the Wachu, I have a bunch on hand, and I would be happy to share some of my profiles and to learn from others' experience. It is a lovely coffee. Or we could always have two separate threads going, one for each!
LMWDP #435

Kind_Karma

#10: Post by Kind_Karma »

I am going to order some Mexican Nayarita. Anyone know where can get Wachu besides MCR? Sweet Maria's isn't showing any available.

Two separate threads seems to make sense.