Quest M3s Thermocouples - Page 3

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Elephant

#21: Post by Elephant »

I used the thermocouples sold by Sweet Maria's on my Quest. I believe these came from Molly. They are thin but you can adjust your roasting software to filter the noise and hence get a smoother curve.

nester

#22: Post by nester »

Does anybody in Europe is using Quest m3s with MET probe, and can tell me what exact probe is that? Can i find somewhere ready to use one, with threading that fits MET position?

cheers!

Beanz

#23: Post by Beanz »

The thread is M4 x 0.7 There are usually plenty of local thermocouple manufacturers who can make one for you at a sensible price. I used a standard 1/16" dia probe and had them make it 3 inches long. If you cannot find anyone locally PM me and I will give you contact details for the company I used

roasterman (original poster)

#24: Post by roasterman (original poster) »

Beanz wrote:The thread is M4 x 0.7 There are usually plenty of local thermocouple manufacturers who can make one for you at a sensible price. I used a standard 1/16" dia probe and had them make it 3 inches long. If you cannot find anyone locally PM me and I will give you contact details for the company I used
<image>
I placed an order through a local source, MillCity Roaster, and their working great. Thanks to jammin, in post #7 for the source.

nester

#25: Post by nester »

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like i need to work without MET for a while ;) Before I will find some solution in Europe, since importing a probe from Australia is abit overkill

yorkeken

#26: Post by yorkeken »

roasterman wrote:I placed an order through a local source, MillCity Roaster, and their working great. Thanks to jammin, in post #7 for the source.
How are those Thermocouples working out for you? I'm trying to decide between the ones offered by Coffee Shrub vs. the Mill City ones. It looks like the MC ones can be easily removed by loosening the compression nuts. My plan is to have two of them, one in the BT hole and the other in the ET hole. Would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

#27: Post by roasterman (original poster) replying to yorkeken »

I'm still using them. I like them. Since I've upgraded to the smaller diameter they respond faster in the TC4.

yorkeken

#28: Post by yorkeken replying to roasterman »

Thanks for the quick reply. So they mount easily into the existing holes with no problem? And can they be easily removed by easing the pressure on the compression nut and simply pulling them out?

#29: Post by roasterman (original poster) replying to yorkeken »

Yes, they just screw in. Then there's a little nut you screw on it (on the inside of the roaster.) This keeps the thermocouple from unscrewing.