Pretty bummed my Hottop not working...

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Gigimedrano

#1: Post by Gigimedrano »

Hey guys so am hoping that somebody has any info or any tips or anything I can do my Hottop started making a weird noise and then it got louder and then it stopped roasting any ideas I have video thank you.
It's only about a year and three months old by the way and I use it once a week for 226 g of coffee.

BarryR

#2: Post by BarryR »

Did you buy it new? It would be surprising if a new one failed in that short a time. Overall they're very reliable.
I've had mine for years and replaced a few things but nothing major.

From your description I would think it's the motor or something closely related.

The good news is that they have great customer support and excellent on-line resources.
Have you checked hottopusa.com to start trouble-shooting?

Advertisement
Gigimedrano (original poster)

#3: Post by Gigimedrano (original poster) »

Hi yes I bought it brand new and I thought it was too short of a time for failure myself I will contact him tomorrow but I deafly not happy about this feeling hi yes I bought it brand new and I thought it was too short of a time for failure myself I will contact him tomorrow but I definitely not happy about this failing in a year

BarryR

#4: Post by BarryR »

Gigimedrano wrote:Hi yes I bought it brand new and I thought it was too short of a time for failure myself I will contact him tomorrow but I deafly not happy about this ... failing in a year
Before you even call, I'd look at their troubleshooting tips & see if you can narrow it down. You might accomplish more, faster, that way.

StuartM
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by StuartM »

If it turns out to be the main motor drop me a message - I was clearing out my coffee cupboard the other day and came across a brand new one I had forgotten I had after upping capacity to the Aillio R1. No longer have the HT so make me an offer not to put it back on the shelf ;--)

GC7

#6: Post by GC7 »

Michael at HotTop will take you through all the steps necessary to diagnose your issue and order any parts needed to fix it.

I'm curious if the machine was making loud noises and now doesn't work just how you have a video?

#7: Post by Gigimedrano (original poster) »

I have a video because it did it the two times i tried to roast, on the first time i shut it down cleaned it ans the. Tried again while filming, thats how i was able to get the video

Advertisement

#8: Post by Gigimedrano (original poster) »

Does any anybody have the phone# for them

StuartM
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by StuartM replying to Gigimedrano »

Not sure if they have one - email hottop@hottopusa.com and ask with details of your issue.

#10: Post by Gigimedrano (original poster) »

Yea thats what i did, got one reply and waiting for more but am bummee that it seems ppl dont really know much about this roaster.