Pretty bummed my Hottop not working... - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
yakster
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by yakster »

I think they know enough that the best course of action is to contact Hot top for a problem with a new roaster.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Gigimedrano (original poster)

#12: Post by Gigimedrano (original poster) »

I did although its hard to troubleshoot and communicate with them at the same time thru email, i wish they would call me so i can do what they tell me and get to the bottom of this am pretty frustrated that after a year this would fail.

Advertisement

#13: Post by Gigimedrano (original poster) »

Well i sent hot top an email with video and photos and they told me its the gearbox but i guess it comes with a motor together so the grand total $120 plus ship more than likely. Does this sound right for a roaster that i bought brand new and use once a week for half a pound of coffee?? Is it wrong of me to ask for a free part or at least some help in the price ??

SJM

#14: Post by SJM »

What does their warranty promise?

Nevermind, here it is:
https://www.hottopusa.com/policy.html

johnny4lsu

#15: Post by johnny4lsu »

Gigimedrano wrote:Well i sent hot top an email with video and photos and they told me its the gearbox but i guess it comes with a motor together so the grand total $120 plus ship more than likely. Does this sound right for a roaster that i bought brand new and use once a week for half a pound of coffee?? Is it wrong of me to ask for a free part or at least some help in the price ??
fight for free replacement. Absolutely.

#16: Post by Gigimedrano (original poster) »

Well if its only a 1 year warranty on an expensive appliance like this then am screwed, they would have every right for them to tell me to f off and either buy the part or not. I just feel like for something so major to fail just outside the warranty doesnt say anything good about the product and the company, am alone on this? I will fight for a new or at very least doscounted replacement oarr but now am gonna have to wonder if i will
Have to replace this motor every year? Am totally bummed about this whole i kinda of which i would
Of bought a machine not an appliance. I will
Jeep u guys posted

yakster
Supporter ♡

#17: Post by yakster »

StuartM wrote:If it turns out to be the main motor drop me a message - I was clearing out my coffee cupboard the other day and came across a brand new one I had forgotten I had after upping capacity to the Aillio R1. No longer have the HT so make me an offer not to put it back on the shelf ;--)
Did you see this?
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Advertisement

#18: Post by Gigimedrano (original poster) »

Oh yea! How can i get a hold of this guy

yakster
Supporter ♡

#19: Post by yakster »

You can send him a PM by clicking on the message icon in the right pane of the message he posted as shown below or send him a PM from his profile page here.

-Chris

LMWDP # 272

shotwell

#20: Post by shotwell »

Gigimedrano wrote:Well if its only a 1 year warranty on an expensive appliance like this then am screwed, they would have every right for them to tell me to f off and either buy the part or not. I just feel like for something so major to fail just outside the warranty doesnt say anything good about the product and the company, am alone on this? I will fight for a new or at very least doscounted replacement oarr but now am gonna have to wonder if i will
Have to replace this motor every year? Am totally bummed about this whole i kinda of which i would
Of bought a machine not an appliance. I will
Jeep u guys posted
Depending on your payment method, you may have additional warranty on your purchases. If you used a credit card you should check and see if you have any automatic extended warranty.