Operating temperature of air pipes on Huky?

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
day

#1: Post by day »

Hey, I am trying to determine the operating temperature that the piping gets to on the way to the fan. I assume east of the damper it's up to 400, but west as you approach the u could be quite a bit less I hope? Any idea how hot the air is passing out of the funnel and into the fan?
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone

Chert

#2: Post by Chert »

Someone with a HUKY will probably report before next I roast. But I will watch the thread and measure duct temps next session if not.
LMWDP #198

edtbjon

#3: Post by edtbjon »

I put a thermocouple in the exhaust bowl (to be more exact, in the middle of the 2 1/2" outlet of the exhaust bowl) and recorded a max temp of 70C/160F during a roast. That measurement was taken with a standard setup with a late style J-pipe (which is sligthly, a few inches, shorter than the T-pipe).
I.e the exhaust cool rather quick in the exhaust pipe.

Chert

#4: Post by Chert »

day wrote:Hey, I am trying to determine the operating temperature that the piping gets to on the way to the fan. I assume east of the damper it's up to 400, but west as you approach the u could be quite a bit less I hope? Any idea how hot the air is passing out of the funnel and into the fan?
I finally started measuring the exhaust air and my probe is currently within the exhaust pipe 5 inches from the faceplate.

Here is my first roast session graph with that probe marked in hotcool pink. The max temp at that location is about 320F.

LMWDP #198