New to me: Aillio Bullet R2 V1 - Page 5

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
ng

#41: Post by ng »

GC7 wrote:I'm preparing for the end of my HotTop roaster. It's been fine and produced wonderful coffee in 227 gm (1/2 lb) batches. I think it's a bit underpowered and limited in range of profiles.

My question: How is the Allio with 1 lb or 400 gm batches? How low can you go and still profile in reasonable 7- 8.5 minutes to first crack roast times? I never anticipate kilo roasts.

Thanks.
I am still learning how to use this machine, so I'm likely not the person you should be asking :lol:

The main reason I picked up the bullet was to roast larger batches. At a minimum, I'll do 1-1.5lb and more recently the full 1kg (2.2lb)

tyfabes

#42: Post by tyfabes »

What a score, congrats!

bradm

#43: Post by bradm »

GC7 wrote:
My question: How is the Allio with 1 lb or 400 gm batches? How low can you go and still profile in reasonable 7- 8.5 minutes to first crack roast times? I never anticipate kilo roasts.

Thanks.
I've been dividing 5# into 7 ~325g batches. The bullet seems very good at this batch size, still well within the range of power and fan controls.

GC7
Supporter ♡

#44: Post by GC7 » replying to bradm »

Thank you! That would be a lower limit for me. Great to know the Bullet works well will that low a charge. I have not thought that much about it but I might try 6 roasts for a 5 lb bag.