Need basic help getting started with Center 304 and Artisan

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Mr. Roaster

#1: Post by Mr. Roaster »

I am trying to connect a Center 304, to my Mac (OS El Capitan 10.11.4) and using a software to log my roasts (Artisan? not sure uf that is the best option or not), but i am having a horrible time. I am confused by all the driver, Phidget, etc lingo. Does anyone out there have basic instructions detailing exactly what i need to do? I am desperate at this point. I think that they driver for the Center is for a Windows machine, not a Mac (just another wrinkle in my crisis). :( :x :?

SJM

#2: Post by SJM »

If you are using a Center you don't need to know anything at all about Phidgets, so you can stop worrying about that.

dale_cooper

#3: Post by dale_cooper »

What steps have you taken so far? I don't have a mac and I'm not sure how they handle drivers but I think you may not need a separate driver your mac should find something suitable when you plug the meter into your usb. It may be as simple as this....

Connect the meter to your mac via usb.

Launch the latest version of artisan. Go to Config, devices, and look for center 304.

Look on the huky forum for artisan config files (for useful Huky related "buttons"). I think SJM even created one of them!

JK

#4: Post by JK »

dale_cooper wrote:Connect the meter to your mac via usb.

Launch the latest version of artisan. Go to Config, devices, and look for center 304.
Under Devices use drop down list and select your device Center 304
I am guessing you will have to select Braun Rate too maybe..

If it asks for one, Just keep selecting a different Braun Rate, till you find one that works.. It will show your temperatures working when you click the START button..
-----------------------------
I'm on a Mission from God!

Mr. Roaster (original poster)

#5: Post by Mr. Roaster (original poster) replying to JK »

Thanks JK, the issue was the rate selection. It's working now.

JK

#6: Post by JK »

Get some tape on the back of your meter and write the Braun Rate on it..
Over time you will forget it.. Trust me :)

K.Brown

#7: Post by K.Brown »

Hi Dan,

I'm having the exact same problem right now (exact same set up as you) and was wondering if you had to download any drivers to work with the Centre 304 or did you just install Artisan and plug Center 304 into the computer with USB and configure within Artisan?

OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
Center 304
Artisan
Huey 500

Cant get program to read/register Center 304.

JK

#8: Post by JK »

Open Artisan
Click CONFIG>Put a dot in METER and use drop down list and choose CENTER 304
A window should then open and ask Baud Rate go through list choosing different rates till you choose the correct one and you see your temps start working or OP list the correct rate..

Mr. Roaster (original poster)

#9: Post by Mr. Roaster (original poster) »

I am trying to download the driver to the Center 304, but keep getting an odd page (almost like a error page in Chinese). Doe anyone have a clue where I can download the driver?