Huky Stove Orifice Size Help?

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
day

#1: Post by day »

Well, I got the fitments for natural gas and my dad will be helping me hook it up (hopefully this weekend.) But, I am not confident the Huky has enough power with the natural gas orifices. I might be able to source some larger orifices but Mr. Li does not have any and hasnt provided any information on getting any.

The Huky stove has two fitments inside it. One for the low setting, one for the medium setting, and I assume both running for the high setting. I would also assume, not having used it yet, that we just always run it on high and use the needle nose valve to regulate pressure?

The NG comes with .3mm and 1mm orifice fitments.

The LPG comes with .25mm and .75mm orifice fitments.

I ran some numbers and I got this:

Now to my eye this seems reasonable, and I ASSUME that since the fitment is what regulates the gas flow there shouldnt be anyting inherently dangerous about one or the other. I dont THINK that the additional BTU is particularly significant, especially since I will be controlling it with the valve anyway. They visually appear to fit, so, assuming they do, is there any reason you guys know of why this is a terrible idea?

Edit: I guess the real problem will be limiting my usable range and limiting my low pressure function? I suppose I could just kick it down to one burner after using max to improve resolution at low burner? Not sure how much a hassle that would be, though my manometer is accurate to +-.05"h2o so, if it can go low enough and the movement isn't too small I imagine it would still allow for repeatability. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone