Help setting up Air Pressure Phidget into Artisan

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Moxiechef
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by Moxiechef »

Inspired by all the air flow discussions and the pressure mod discussions. I got a Vint Hub, TMP 1101 and an Air Pressure Differential 1036. I got the temp reading but haven't been able to get the air working.

Tried adding it in under Extra Devices as a Hub0000, Phidget IO, etc.... got the LCD to show up but it's not reading anything.

Side note, you go under the Phidget Control Center and it shows up. Change the voltage ratio to the 1036 but every time you go back in it changes back to a generic label.

Anyone know how to set it up?

Thanks.

samtsai5212

#2: Post by samtsai5212 »

I can not figure it out either. I tried connecting 1136 to vint hub and 1013 I/O( old version of PhidgetInterfaceKit 1018)and both showed figures in phidget control panel well, but nothing in Artisan LCD reading. :(

Moxiechef (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by Moxiechef (original poster) replying to samtsai5212 »

Help us Marko, you're our only hope!

Now my sliders are wonky too. Need to try to remember how to set them as well!

MaKoMo

#4: Post by MaKoMo »

I am on eastern vacation...

Just some hints: Do you see an IO attach message from the 1136? Artisan reads raw values which might be out of range for the LCD and the graph to display. You need to set a symbolic formula to transform the readings into a useful range. Record a bit with your current setup and check the readings under Roast Properties in the data table. If there are (large) values the sensor is connected correctly.

Supporter ♡

#5: Post by Moxiechef (original poster) replying to MaKoMo »

Enjoy your vacation!!

When you get back.....
If I unplug the TMP1101 from the Hub and set the Extra Device to the Hub, I can see the data. But when I hook back up the TMP, the temps don't read and/or I get one temp but not the other and the air stops reading.

SJM

#6: Post by SJM »

Supporter ♡

#7: Post by Moxiechef (original poster) replying to SJM »

Yes. Your settings were my first go to but so far can't get it talking right. We're you running the thermocouples and the 1136 through the same device before plugging it into your computer?

SJM

#8: Post by SJM »

No.
I had my 1048 and my 1011 in separate USB ports. The 1036 plugged into the 1011.
My stuff was all pre-hub Phidget.
Why don't you see if you can do it that way before trying to put it through the hub.

Have you looked at the raw data the way Marko mentioned?
Why don't you post a screen shot of that.

Supporter ♡

#9: Post by Moxiechef (original poster) replying to SJM »

I'll post some stuff after Easter lunch. I'll probably just use two USBs and run the TCs back through the 1048 to be sure everything is possible while we figure out the Hub settings. Thx.

MaKoMo

#10: Post by MaKoMo »

Moxiechef wrote:Enjoy your vacation!!

When you get back.....
If I unplug the TMP1101 from the Hub and set the Extra Device to the Hub, I can see the data. But when I hook back up the TMP, the temps don't read and/or I get one temp but not the other and the air stops reading.
Your USB port might not deliver enough power to run all those devices. Note that the power of USB ports is on-purpose limited. Phidgets, depending on their internal cycling rate might draw quite some power. Running from two different ports might help.