Help setting up Air Pressure Phidget into Artisan - Page 3

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#21: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

samtsai5212 wrote:I was using 1048 before playing with 1136. I use Raspberry Pi 3 as a phidget network server and run Artisan remotely on Mac. You bet the pi 3 have a luxury of 4 usb ports to squander.
Squander? You can plug your USB Fan in while you roast to keep cool!

So are you saying with a 1048 for the thermocouples and the 1136 if you didn't have the Raspberry Pi 3 you would need 2 USB ports?
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

samtsai5212

#22: Post by samtsai5212 replying to CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

If you are using 1048 and 1136 you need 2 USB ports in any system. If you don't have 1048 now and you want to measure temp and air pressure, you can choose vint hub + tmp 1101 +1136. There will only be 1 usb needed.

SJM

#23: Post by SJM »

samtsai5212 wrote:Many thanks to MakoMo, SJM and Moxiechef. Through you discussions above I was able to put all the pieces of puzzle together and successfully installed phidget 1136 in Artisan. The following link is my step by step notes. Please give me feedback if there is anything to correct. Thank you.
https://wbcoffee.blogspot.com/2018/04/i ... ntial.html
Nice Job ! ! !

Moxiechef (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#24: Post by Moxiechef (original poster) »

samtsai5212 wrote:If you are using 1048 and 1136 you need 2 USB ports in any system. If you don't have 1048 now and you want to measure temp and air pressure, you can choose vint hub + tmp 1101 +1136. There will only be 1 usb needed.
I still haven't gotten this setup to work. No matter which configuration I try, when I've got the TMP1101 & 1036 plugged into the Vint Hub and it plugged into the computer, I just can't get it working.

So, currently I'm using a 1048 as the Temp device and the 1036 into the Vint Hub for the air.

It's working fine but unfortunately it's two USB cables. This is when I remind myself to not be so OCD and just be happy.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#25: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz replying to Moxiechef »

And you suspect its the Artisan settings? Have you gotten them to work individually?
Artisan.Plus User-

Supporter ♡

#26: Post by Moxiechef (original poster) replying to CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

I suspect it's me and hopefully Marko will confirm that when he gets back from Vacation!

They're working currently via two separate USBs but the 1036 isn't "installed" yet. I'm waiting on my 1/8" NPT tap so I can put the pipe into the exhaust duct.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#27: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Have an espresso or two while you wait. Love that you are doing this. This is a great thread. :D
Artisan.Plus User-

MaKoMo

#28: Post by MaKoMo »

Moxiechef wrote:I suspect it's me and hopefully Marko will confirm that when he gets back from Vacation!

They're working currently via two separate USBs but the 1036 isn't "installed" yet. I'm waiting on my 1/8" NPT tap so I can put the pipe into the exhaust duct.
This is a strange story. Initially, when I installed my 1036 years ago, I connected it to an Phidget 1018 8 channel IO. The attach was unstable if used in combination with my 1048, both connected to an unpowered USB hub and that one to my old MacBook Air. The unstability also showed in the Phidgets control panel (all still on driver v21). On powering the hub, both attached fine but I got a lot of noise. Each separately worked too.

Then I moved to a new laptop (12" MacBook) and hoped I could power both from the single USB-C port, but it still failed. Sometimes it showed up for a moment, just to disappear the next moment. Then I had some hope to resolve this with my new VINT setup, connecting a TMP1101 and the 1036 to one HUB0000 running the Phidgets v22 driver. Same issue also here. I gave up on this and not even configured that Phidget IO port. Just recently I added again an extra device for the 1036 and since then it attaches fine in combination with the TMP1101 on one USB port. As I am always running the latest trunk version of Artisan I thought a change in code could have fixed this (also I could not remember to touch the Phidgets code). So I tested with the released v1.2 version and also there it now works reliable. I have no idea. The 1036 is connected to port 1 and the TMP1101 to port2. All other ports are left empty. Not sure if this makes any difference (it should not).

What of course changed is the software I am running (besides of Artisan). I am running now the latest OS X (which might make a difference as the USB output power can be regulated by software and I am still think it is a USB power problem) and I did several updates to the Phidgets v22 driver and module firmwares. Now I am running all current and it works for me stable.

Sorry for being not more helpful to find the cause for all of this.

Supporter ♡

#29: Post by Moxiechef (original poster) replying to MaKoMo »

Will you screenshot the ET/BT and the Extra Devices tabs on the Device Assignment page?

And the Phidgets tab if you've done anything there as well?

Thank you.

Jonathan

MaKoMo

#30: Post by MaKoMo »

This is my current setup. I doubt this will help you. What might help, however, is to reduce the Phidgets sampling rate in the Phidgets tab for the TMP as well for the IO channel that you are using.