Guatemala Finca Villaure COE #5 - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
pcofftenyo
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by pcofftenyo »

jbviau wrote:Tom, I see a few Guatemalas in their online store, but not this specific one. What am I missing? Thanks.
You may need to call them

drgary
Team HB

#12: Post by drgary »

I look forward to roasting this coffee. A past crop noted strawberry, nut and banana flavors. Tom's finding strawberry in this crop. I thought you'd like to see a FaceBook post congratulating Aurelio Villatoro, who produced this lot.

Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Advertisement
TomC (original poster)
Team HB

#13: Post by TomC (original poster) »

Anyone else venture to run a profile or two on this? It's really exceptional coffee but I know the supply was limited.

With the holidays, I haven't had time to roast since my batch back on the 17th, but hopefully will take another stab at it later this week.

To take the gilding off the lily a bit, I'd say this coffee unfortunately doesn't have the longevity that say, a good washed Ethiopian does. My brew last night, and 5 days ago were both waining. I'd recommend anyone who does have this coffee who roasts it, to partition it out and freeze it shortly after. It's beauty doesn't last.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

GC7

#14: Post by GC7 »

TomC wrote:Anyone else venture to run a profile or two on this? It's really exceptional coffee but I know the supply was limited.

With the holidays, I haven't had time to roast since my batch back on the 17th, but hopefully will take another stab at it later this week.
With the holidays I too didn't get a chance to roast any more and the one that I sampled less than two days post-roast didn't last long enough to test shelf life. :D . It did open up after a couple of more days to become more floral with stone fruit notes as the cup cooled. It is a coffee that pleases because my palate can't really detect any defect or imbalance and with clear distinct flavors.

drgary
Team HB

#15: Post by drgary »

I'm biding my time on roasting my 2 lbs. and will try some of the other Guatemalan selections in my order first as practice runs.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

GC7

#16: Post by GC7 replying to drgary »

Exactly as I stated here or on the new greens thread. I have 4 shots at the COE and I've enjoyed the other two Burman offerings as practice. The De Dios made a very enjoyable SO espresso perhaps because its a bit lower in acidity than the HueHue's so less finicky.