Guatemala Chichen Bodi Leaf

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
mkane

Postby mkane » Sep 09, 2018, 1:00 pm

Wife is out participating in a triathlon so I may as well occupy my time with some smoke. Honest opinion would be appreciated. Thanks, MKane

EddyQ

Postby EddyQ » Sep 09, 2018, 10:20 pm

I think you need to go back into Artisan settings and fix your smoothing. It sure looks like way more BT smoothing than you should have and then the RoR is further smoothing so much that it is simply wrong. Look at your RoR at 2min. Your BT is increasing and your RoR takes another few minutes to catch up!

I suggest you revisit EvergreenBuzzBuzz guide: https://artisan-scope.org/docs/curves/

Meanwhile, make curve smoothing 3 and delta smoothing 5 and report back with a reasonable profile plot.

mkane

Postby mkane » Sep 10, 2018, 9:45 am

Thanks for the feedback. Without it, I'll never learn. I did change my smoothing plots before this roast. I'll change them again. Very much appreciated.

mkane

Postby mkane » Sep 10, 2018, 10:45 am

MaKoMo

Postby MaKoMo » Sep 10, 2018, 2:00 pm

mkane wrote:http://blog.oilslickcoffee.com/2016/11/06/avoid-flick-crash/ I used this fellas settings

Every setup needs a different amount of smoothing as each hardware is delivering signals with a different noise level. This is why smoothing in Artisan can be adjusted.

Don't just copy smoothing settings! Never!

mkane

Postby mkane » Sep 10, 2018, 3:32 pm

ImageIf bean taste is any indication of the finished product this came out nice.

mkane

Postby mkane » Sep 10, 2018, 3:39 pm

Better view. Pick it apart please.

rgrosz

Postby rgrosz » Sep 11, 2018, 11:24 am

Not sure about the "better view". I actually prefer the first plot posted on 09/10, since it does not chop off the time axis at the bottom.

I assume all these roasts are for the Guatemala Chihen (which I haven't roasted). I am surprised how far you are roasting this, 4:00 after start of 1st crack (and a temp increase of 47F). I think most of the Guat character would be gone by that point.

About six years ago, I would roast Guats to about 2:30 after start of 1st crack. My recent roasts usually eject the beans closer to 2:00 after start of 1st crack.
LMWDP #556
Life is too short to drink bad wine - or bad coffee

mkane

Postby mkane » Sep 11, 2018, 3:14 pm

Those pic's are inverted, sorry. Isn't I'll speed things up a bit then. Thanks

mkane

Postby mkane » Sep 11, 2018, 4:33 pm

Any better?