Greens Alert - Page 147

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
mkane
Supporter ♡

#1461: Post by mkane »

yakster wrote:You just need a bigger roaster! I've been roasting 725 gram batches lately in my Bullet which helps.
If I had a bigger roaster I would need more beans. There's 20 qt. jars of roasted beans on the shelf now and I probably give that much away monthly.

Brewzologist
Supporter ♡

#1462: Post by Brewzologist »

mkane wrote:The type attached to a refir in a kitchen? I would say that's not a stable enough environment unless it doesn't get opened.

I need to stop buying greens or start freezing. There's always 100# in the pantry sometimes more.
Yep figured. I also brew beer and have a frozen yeast bank in my fridge/freezer. To deal with the automatic defrost cycles I keep the yeast in a small cooler with ice packs inside it within the freezer. My wife tolerates it because it's fairly small. But if I start doing that with 10-20# of greens I might get into trouble... :shock:

GC7

#1463: Post by GC7 »

cmapes wrote:This new crown jewel, "ETHIOPIA TOMME FEKU JIBERIL DOUBLE WASHED" seems like it might have a similar profile to what you're looking for: https://royalcoffee.com/product/cj1365/
No. That one seems quite a bit different. The Roastmasters offering is far more appealing to my tastes. I'll look at the Crown Jewel "taste" graph before pulling the trigger. I peeked at the "non-CJ Royal Guji Uraga offering and it didn't suit me either.

Thanks for making the effort!

cmapes

#1464: Post by cmapes replying to GC7 »

I saw the one you linked and that one both shared heavy Jasmine notes. Either way good luck.

Rickpatbrown

#1465: Post by Rickpatbrown »

false1001 wrote:COSTA RICA SAN RAFAEL CARLOS FERNÁNDEZ MORERA ANAEROBIC FERMENTATION CROWN JEWEL

https://royalcoffee.com/product/cj1352/

Looks really good....
I still have about 9lbs of this, if anyone wants some.

I'm actually not a big fan of it. It is unique and amazing, but I dont like cinnamon in my coffee. It may also be that I havent figures out how to roast it yet.

GC7

#1466: Post by GC7 »

cmapes wrote:I saw the one you linked and that one both shared heavy Jasmine notes. Either way good luck.
Yes and I appreciate your looking to help. It's the peach and stone fruit in a wet process Ethiopian that I am a sucker for based on past coffees I've loved. I trust Roastmasters as well. Their offerings tend to be top tier.

cmapes

#1467: Post by cmapes replying to GC7 »

I second your experience with Roastmasters. They charge a lot for their beans but all of them that I've bought have something "special" to them. Their offerings seem well-curated, at a price. If you end up going for it let me know how the beans turn out, I'm tempted to pick up a few pounds of the same ones as well.

I've also picked up some Ethiopia Sidamo Durato Bombe G1 Natural and some Ethiopia Wush Wush Natural. I'll report back if either is worthy of discussing.

Boldjava

#1468: Post by Boldjava »

cmapes wrote:I saw the one you linked and that one both shared heavy Jasmine notes. Either way good luck.
Now I know what jasmine smells like but I will be dipped if I know what it tastes like. I can't believe the adjective graph lists 'jasmine' as most responded word. I get the citrus surrounding the word so maybe between the aroma and the sense of being in a grove led to that use of the word.

PS. Can't take any time off with this group. I was in the Boundary Waters up on our border with Ontario for a week, off the grid, and I come back to 10 pages of notes on this thread for heaven's sake!
-----
LMWDP #339

drgary
Team HB

#1469: Post by drgary »

Boldjava wrote:Now I know what jasmine smells like but I will be dipped if I know what it tastes like. I can't believe the adjective graph lists 'jasmine' as most responded word. I get the citrus surrounding the word so maybe between the aroma and the sense of being in a grove led to that use of the word.
Dave,

Have you ever had jasmine flavored tea or jasmine flavored rice? Like that! :lol:
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Almico

#1470: Post by Almico »

Is this coffee really $90 a cup?