Greens Alert - Page 131

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Roasty
Supporter ♡

#1301: Post by Roasty »

Roastmasters has a Panama Green tip Geisha that is $50 for 20 grams. If you buy in bulk, you can get 100g for $325 :shock:

Thats absolutely wild.

tgappmayer

#1302: Post by tgappmayer replying to Roasty »

And here I was thinking that their $23/pound Yemeni was absolute hedonistic indulgence.

Advertisement
dale_cooper

#1303: Post by dale_cooper »

Roasty wrote:Roastmasters has a Panama Green tip Geisha that is $50 for 20 grams. If you buy in bulk, you can get 100g for $325 :shock:

Thats absolutely wild.
I saw that as well.... how is anyone buying that? That is so out of control expensive and not "worth" it, its hard to wrap my head around.

I find it difficult to understand roastmaster's pricing in general when seemingly the same crop of greens (with all their coffees) are cheaper elsewhere.

Boldjava

#1304: Post by Boldjava »

Roasty wrote:
Roastmasters has a Panama Green tip Geisha that is $50 for 20 grams. If you buy in bulk, you can get 100g for $325 :shock:

Thats absolutely wild.
I chipped in $7.50 for the 3 grams weight loss during the roasting. I stood near the smoke, choosing my puffs. They were wonderful -- shades of lavender, light clove, Cavendish, rosemary, and taragon. Best $7.50 I have spent on greens this year.

-----
LMWDP #339
★ Helpful

tgappmayer

#1305: Post by tgappmayer replying to Boldjava »

i hear it's even better if you have a proper water pipe to filter the smoke thru.

mkane
Supporter ♡

#1306: Post by mkane »

Roasty
Supporter ♡

#1307: Post by Roasty »

dale_cooper wrote: I find it difficult to understand roastmaster's pricing in general when seemingly the same crop of greens (with all their coffees) are cheaper elsewhere.
From what I saw, this coffee sold for over $1000/lb at auction, so based on that the pricing seems about right to me. Still not "worth" it. I think I'd be disappointed no matter what because I would feel that I could have roasted it better since I never have a perfect roast.

Advertisement
Jrodanapolis

#1308: Post by Jrodanapolis »

I saw this when I got their email last night and was bummed I missed it. I just ordered 25 lbs of greens from them before they had this one in stock. I did get 5 lbs of another Kenya that sounds really good, but if I had the option I would have chosen this one. Let me know how it is! If you need to sell 5 lbs I'd be a happy buyer :lol:

Jrodanapolis

#1309: Post by Jrodanapolis »

Jrodanapolis wrote:I saw this when I got their email last night and was bummed I missed it. I just ordered 25 lbs of greens from them (supposed to be arriving today) before they had this one in stock. I did get 5 lbs of another Kenya that sounds really good, but if I had the option I would have chosen this one. Let me know how it is! If you need to sell 5 lbs I'd be a very happy buyer :lol:

yakster
Supporter ♡

#1310: Post by yakster »

Jrodanapolis wrote:I saw this when I got their email last night and was bummed I missed it. I just ordered 25 lbs of greens from them before they had this one in stock. I did get 5 lbs of another Kenya that sounds really good, but if I had the option I would have chosen this one. Let me know how it is! If you need to sell 5 lbs I'd be a happy buyer :lol:
It's showing in stock for me right now...
-Chris

LMWDP # 272