Greens Alert - Page 117

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
GC7

#1161: Post by GC7 »

jammin wrote:Get it while ya can, kiddos.
https://royalcoffee.com/product/cjo1301/

Berry forward, Natural Ethiopian. High density & med/small screen size - should be a piece of cake to roast. The last time they posted a coffee like this was in 2017 and it was INCREDIBLE!
Burman just listed this same bean if you don't want a whole box and the prices are comparable. I am tempted but I'm enjoying washed Ethiopians much more these days. Royal has this coffee as a Crown Jewel washed. I would buy some of that if someone gets a box.

jammin

#1162: Post by jammin »

Royal lists it at meticulously clean for a natural, no signs of ferment. Personally I prefer (and always have) natural Ethiopians to washed.
I'd be surprised if this was the exact same coffee over at Burmans.
I bought 2 boxes so there will be a few 5lb bags extra.

RobertL

#1163: Post by RobertL »

Royal is offering this coffee in full bags so it's possible that Burman's is offering the same coffee.

Chert

#1164: Post by Chert »

One could ask. They're quite helpful at Burman. They have two coffees via Costa Rica las Lajas. Price is similar, but doesn't seem to be the same as the Las Lajas Crown Jewel I am hoping to divvy up in the Buy/Sell.
LMWDP #198

Birdcollin

#1165: Post by Birdcollin »

GC7 wrote:Burman just listed this same bean if you don't want a whole box and the prices are comparable. I am tempted but I'm enjoying washed Ethiopians much more these days. Royal has this coffee as a Crown Jewel washed. I would buy some of that if someone gets a box.
I have 10 lbs to sell of the washed version if you're interested??

GC7

#1166: Post by GC7 »

Chert wrote:One could ask. They're quite helpful at Burman. They have two coffees via Costa Rica las Lajas. Price is similar, but doesn't seem to be the same as the Las Lajas Crown Jewel I am hoping to divvy up in the Buy/Sell.
From their writeup of the coffee, it appears to be identical.

I got a sample of the Burman yellow honey Costa Rican with my last Burman order. WOW. It is superb.

NickD

#1167: Post by NickD replying to GC7 »

Happy mug also has a few of the Las Lajas (Alma negra, black honey, and red honey) at competitive prices. The Alma Negra is apparently a natural whose process involve sorting cherries by brix (similar to the Royal crown jewel offering). I've been working my way through 3 pounds of it, with 3 more pounds on the way. My first roast (a bit faster than I anticipated) of it was intensely fruity, while my latest roast (a little slowed down and darker for espresso, but still short of second crack) has more subdue, but still present, fruit. A friend of mine commented (unprompted) that he was getting a lot of chocolate from Robot shots on the latter roast.

No matter how I've roasted it, I've really enjoyed it.

Nick

HB
Admin

#1168: Post by HB »

jammin wrote:I bought 2 boxes so there will be a few 5lb bags extra.
Birdcollin wrote:I already ordered a box. If u would like, I will sell u some??
yvrdennis wrote:By the way, if anyone in Canada wants to buy a few pounds of this I'd be happy to sell some at cost as I probably have more than I can use in a reasonable time.
Birdcollin wrote:I have 10 lbs to sell of the washed version if you're interested??
Please use PMs for such offers or use the Buy/Sell forum. We ask that members don't make offers to sell/buy in the open forums so threads are not cluttered with transactional discussions. Thanks for your understanding.
Dan Kehn

Tonefish

#1169: Post by Tonefish »

jammin wrote:Get it while ya can, kiddos.
https://royalcoffee.com/product/cjo1301/

Berry forward, Natural Ethiopian. High density & med/small screen size - should be a piece of cake to roast. The last time they posted a coffee like this was in 2017 and it was INCREDIBLE!
Would appreciate your post roast report.
LMWDP #581 .......... May your roasts, grinds, and pulls be the best!

drgary
Team HB

#1170: Post by drgary »

I am also in on Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Natural Gr. 1 Org. Gedeb - Bedhatu Jibicho. Bought 10 lbs. from Burman's that's on the way.

Added: When I opened the parcel mailbox, the unmistakable Ethiopian greens aroma had permeated the mailbox. The shipping box was intact. I can't wait to get this roasted.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!