Greens Alert - Page 116

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
LDT

#1151: Post by LDT »

Ordered 5 lbs of the above Columbia from Sweet Maria's. I'll know next week!

sosha
Supporter ♡

#1152: Post by sosha »

GC7 wrote:Invalsa has several new crop Bolivian coffees including a few microlots.

Several of us here have really enjoyed their offerings over the years. I still have a good bit of two microlots vacuum sealed and some roasted and ready to roast so I am not in need right now but thought to pass the information on. Here is a discussion of two of their offerings from last year.

Invalsa Bolivian Microlot: Pablo Yana San Ignacio
Thanks for the heads-up on these wonderful Bolivians. I didn't realize the new crop was available. I'm a HUGE fan of the peaberry from Invalsa.
LMWDP #440
www.kelpfish.com

bean2friends

#1153: Post by bean2friends »

Chert wrote:Here's one could break my beans buying moratorium:
SM Colombia Inza Las Estrellas

I'm drinking a Colombian I picked up from SM recently, it's Inza Rio Paez. Several years ago I got a Narino that I loved and have always been partial to that region ever since. But the description of the flavors of the Inza Rio Paez captured my imagination and I'm glad it did. I never get all the flavors SM posts. But, I get something for sure. I roasted this one to 420F with 1st crack at 390. And as an Americano it is just delicious. I make Americanos by pulling a shot on top of hot water and I do not stir. That way I get a pretty pure taste I think. It satisfies me anyhow. What's my point? Well, I'm thinking the Inza district is now a favorite of mine.

DavidZ

#1154: Post by DavidZ »

GC7 wrote:Invalsa has several new crop Bolivian coffees including a few microlots.

Several of us here have really enjoyed their offerings over the years. I still have a good bit of two microlots vacuum sealed and some roasted and ready to roast so I am not in need right now but thought to pass the information on. Here is a discussion of two of their offerings from last year.

Invalsa Bolivian Microlot: Pablo Yana San Ignacio
I just purchased some Bolivian coffee from Invalsa. What roast profile would you use for Bolivian coffee? Similar to Colombian? Or Brazilian? Or neither?

yvrdennis

#1155: Post by yvrdennis »

jammin wrote:Royal posted 4 new Crown Jewels today. All washed, 3 Kenyans & 1 Ethiopian. All sounds terrific, especially the Kenyans. After chatting with Royal, I ordered a box of the Kenya Nyeri Ichamama Triple Washed Red Cherry Crown Jewel. It sounds like a monster of a coffee; heavy body & outstanding sweetness.
I just got my order of this coffee. The smell of the green coffee is amazing. It smells like cherries! I've never noticed this kind of aroma from a green coffee before. Unfortunately, that's all I get for now as my roaster died :cry:

By the way, if anyone in Canada wants to buy a few pounds of this I'd be happy to sell some at cost as I probably have more than I can use in a reasonable time.

jammin

#1156: Post by jammin »

^im glad you mentioned this because the aroma of that green coffee is remarkable. I sent some to a friend & actually asked them to stick their nose in the bag & take a deep whiff right as they open it. The notes I got back from them were really interesting. I'm finding this coffee very enjoyable & it makes an outstanding iced summer cup.
Cheers

GC7

#1157: Post by GC7 »

DavidZ wrote:I just purchased some Bolivian coffee from Invalsa. What roast profile would you use for Bolivian coffee? Similar to Colombian? Or Brazilian? Or neither?
I treat them like washed relatively high grown coffee. A Colombian profile should do nicely. I find that dropping the beans midway between the end of first crack and the start of second suits my tastes. They take heat well but don't go too dark or into second crack. For the two microlots I'm roasting it balances the cocoa with the citrus and fruit. Lighter will emphasize the citrus/lime and darker the cocoa. I hope you like the lot you purchased.

Roasty
Supporter ♡

#1158: Post by Roasty »

I'm looking for a washed coffee with a lot of tingling acidity. Anyone have any greens to point me towards?

TomC
Team HB

#1159: Post by TomC »

GCBC just offered a blueberry bomb DP Ethiopian that will probably go quick.

* they do say it's not the level of blueberry "bomb" as last years Idido.

https://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/i ... ic=21585.0
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

jammin

#1160: Post by jammin »

Get it while ya can, kiddos.
https://royalcoffee.com/product/cjo1301/

Berry forward, Natural Ethiopian. High density & med/small screen size - should be a piece of cake to roast. The last time they posted a coffee like this was in 2017 and it was INCREDIBLE!