Greens Alert - Page 114

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Birdcollin

Postby Birdcollin » Apr 20, 2019, 10:31 am

Yeah you caught me. I had already ordered some. I was just seeking a bit of validation before diving in. :wink: Haven't been a big fan of Sumatras though. I can see this bean possibly being a gateway bean to other Sumatra coffee.

Roasty

Postby Roasty » May 18, 2019, 12:06 am

Sweet Maria's has 20% off their Ethiopians. I figured they had a bunch of new ones coming in so I looked at their incoming coffees and it listed "Ethiopians!" coming at the end of May (30th and 31st if I recall). However, now they seem to have revised their incoming coffee listings and don't list any Ethiopians for May or June. Anyone have insight? They trying to move all their current Ethios first?

IMAWriter

Postby IMAWriter » replying to Roasty » May 18, 2019, 12:55 am

According to their "Coffee Shrub" newsletter, the Gujis are on their way. According to Tom, they are big with fruit, mainly berry, what I'd expect from a Guji or Worka.
Rob
LMWDP #187
www.robertjason.com

jammin

Postby jammin » May 18, 2019, 3:45 pm

SM's just sold out of a nice Ethiopian described as "Ripe Blueberry" that's been drinking above it's high 80's score. Hopefully it's a sign of what's to come. 2018 was an abysmal year for African coffees ... or was it the endless chain of incredible coffees in 2017 that spoiled me?
In any case, the Hangadhi is the best Ethiopian I've had since 2017's Banko from Royal's Crown Jewels. Anyone that was fortunate enough to land some of that knows what a special coffee it was.
https://www.coffeeshrub.com/ethiopia-dr ... -6039.html

Chert

Postby Chert » May 18, 2019, 3:49 pm

I'm liking the Dambi Uddo but it has also gone out of stock.

crunchybean

Postby crunchybean » May 18, 2019, 7:21 pm

I've had only one bourbon with a bubblegum accents, and boy did I enjoy it. Hopefully this will be just as good. Papua New Guinea Kainantu Sero, https://www.sweetmarias.com/papua-newgu ... -6076.html

keno

Postby keno » May 19, 2019, 12:17 am

Chert wrote:I'm liking the Dambi Uddo but it has also gone out of stock.

+1, really enjoying this coffee and glad I ordered a 20 pound bag. :D

rbk

Postby rbk » May 19, 2019, 2:28 pm

jammin wrote:SM's just sold out of a nice Ethiopian described as "Ripe Blueberry" that's been drinking above it's high 80's score. Hopefully it's a sign of what's to come. 2018 was an abysmal year for African coffees ... or was it the endless chain of incredible coffees in 2017 that spoiled me?
In any case, the Hangadhi is the best Ethiopian I've had since 2017's Banko from Royal's Crown Jewels. Anyone that was fortunate enough to land some of that knows what a special coffee it was.
https://www.coffeeshrub.com/ethiopia-dr ... -6039.html

completely agree with this, the hangadhi is the berry-bombiest ethiopian I've had in awhile. I was starting to wonder if it was the crops themselves this year, or if the hyper-fruity stuff just wasn't percolating down to resellers (i.e. was being nabbed from importers by cafes or larger accounts).

GC7

Postby GC7 » Jun 06, 2019, 4:07 pm

I just got a notice from Bodhi Leaf regarding a couple of lovely sounding Colombians.

I picked up some COLOMBIA FINCA DIVISA - DON SEBASTIAN PINK BOURBON. In addition, they have a high scoring Colombian Honey Gesha in limited quantities.

I also picked up some Rwanda Mohundo that was a previous COE contender and delicious in past years. At $3.88/lb. I could not resist.
★ Helpful

Almico

Postby Almico » Jun 07, 2019, 8:29 am

Pride of Gesha 2019 auction results. In case you want to know where to buy.

I find it fascinating that there is a market for this coffee at these prices. I like coffee, but not that much.