Green Coffee Sources List - 2020

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#1: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Ringing in the New Year

The list carries over from 2019 to start the year.

For this years list and this thread, would love for people to post about actual green beans they purchase and roast from these sellers that they think are outstanding, and ARE STILL AVAILABLE for others to purchase when they post. Also if you become of aware of regular specials, I will add those to the end of the list. For example Sweet Marias Black Friday weekend 10% off. Of course new sellers will be added too

2019 list features previously requested - comment below if you have additions.
Roasters that also sell greens so that you can compare your roast to theirs.
Direct importers that sell in smaller quantities
Any features of the specific sellers listed that you find noteworthy.

United States
Klatch Coffee - My current favorite due their free shipping over $50, and discount sales. High quality beans.
Prime Green Coffee - High end offerings; Jim is easy to work with
Sweet Maria's Liked for showing coffee arrival date, flavor wheel, and ideal degree of roast.
Happy Mug
Roastmasters
Bodhi Leaf Coffee
Burman Coffee Traders
Theta Ridge Importers of Brazil Daterra
Coffee Bean Corral
Green Coffee Buying Club
U-Roast-Em
Java Beans Plus
Len's Coffee
Leverhead Coffee
Lost Dutchman
The Coffee Project
Roast Coffee Company
Blazing Bean Roasters
Mr. Green Beans
Smokin' Beans Coffee Co.
The Captain's Coffee
Invalsa
RNY Fracking Store
Paradise Roasters
Crop to Cup
Mill City Roasters
CopanTrade
Showroom Coffee
Coffee Crafters Green 10 and 20 pound bags plus see larger quantities too,

Larger Quantities-
Genuine Origin 65lb in grain pro bags in boxes; $10 shipping; 300 gram samples $7.50 each

Ally Open Core Coffees (50lb boxes) are consistently available regional community lots. Microlots (50lb boxes) are limited edition coffees from our partner farms. Reserve Lots (25lb boxes) are super-special coffees ideal for competitions and showcase occasions.

Royal Coffee Crown Jewels 22lb Crown Royal boxes (free shipping) or 100lb bags shipped freight

La Bodega 50 lb grain pro bags - shipping included in price; samples sold for $6

Roastmasters 50lb gain pro bags; $22 flat rate shipping

Coffee Shrub 50lb bags; shipping calculated (example to CO was $25 or 50 cents a pound NY was $35); 200
gram samples (up to 10 for $7.55) for wholesale customers only. Wholesale side of Sweet Marias.

Showroom Coffee offers 33 and 66lb choices. Free shipping for orders over 60lbs.

Coffee Crafters Green 30, 40 and 80 lbs available.

Greens from Roasters so you can compare your roast to theirs
Metropolis Greenline - - This is their Redline coffee, 5# minimum, and it also comes in decaf.
Klatch
Paradise

Canada
Mountain Coffee
West Coast Coffee Traders
Green Beanery
Espresso planet
Idrinkcoffee
U-roast-it-coffee
Pre-umber
Single Origin Coffee Inc (also does larger quantities)
LeCafeCrema
Northern Coffee
Creekmore Coffee, Vancouver Island
Finest Cup
94 Celsius

Canada large quantities:
Mountain Coffee
West Coast Coffee Traders

Australia - comments from samuellaw178
Bean Green
Coffee Snobs
Green Bean Roasters #have not used this supplier but the offering seems reasonable.
International Coffee Traders #there is no online shop so you'd have to email to order.
Mountain Top Estate #limited offering but good value considering it's Australian grown coffee (direct from farm?). Taste profile is pretty solid, reminds me of a good quality Ethiopian coffee (roasted medium/light).
Ministry Grounds

UK
Quijote-Kaffee
Coffee Compass
Small Batch Roasting
Laico Coffee
Redber
Stephen Leighton UK

Germany
Rohkaff
Roestart
Goodkarmacoffee
Docklands Coffee
Chania Coffee

Holland
Hoofdkwartier Koffiebranderij Email them for offerings and prices
Shokunin Coffee Collective

Norway
Stavanger kaffebrenneri

Consistent Sales and Specials
Klatch - knocked it out of the park in 2020 - Black Friday sale 20% off, 12 Days of Christmas 20% off, and WOW - eCards 20% off so you can pay in December for offerings later in the year - make your own sale of sorts.
Theta Ridge - free shipping end of summer sale right after Labor Day and right before Thanksgiving
Bohdi Leaf - Black Friday - 30% off in 2020 on limited (about 10) coffees; can't be combined with free shipping.
Coffee Bean Corral - 15% off on Cyber Monday
Sweet Maria's - Black Friday - no sale in 2020, but in prior years.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart
★ Helpful

downy_ball

#2: Post by downy_ball »

Thanks for updating the list!

I'm wondering about Home Roast Coffee LLC in Wisconsin: https://homeroastcoffee.com
They seem to have a decent selection but I've neard heard of them before.
:?:
Thanks
Next time someone's teaching, why don't you get taught..."

CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster)

#3: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) replying to downy_ball »

I couldn't determine shipping costs and many links broken on the site. So..... not worth the hassle for me. Prices are fair not great and shipping unknown.
Artisan.Plus User-

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#4: Post by LBIespresso »

I see you have Royal NY Fracking store (odd name choice) but do not have their main shop : https://www.royalny.com/coffee/offerings/

Royal NY is different from Royal Coffee. I know there is some connection but they are different.

Also, thanks so much for this list! As someone very new to roasting this is super helpful.
LMWDP #580

#5: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) replying to LBIespresso »

Andrew I didn't see that they sell 50-60 pounds or less. Do they? I don't consider 140-160 pound bags in the Home Roaster category for this list.
Artisan.Plus User-

TenLayers
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by TenLayers »

Green coffee from Nepal!
https://bhavanacoffee.com/

I ordered a two pound bag of Nuwakot and quite liked it. I would order again but I live 45 seconds from Sweet Maria's and thusly...no shipping charges.

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#7: Post by LBIespresso »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:Andrew I didn't see that they sell 50-60 pounds or less. Do they? I don't consider 140-160 pound bags in the Home Roaster category for this list.
Group buy :lol:

Fair point. I noticed the full bag was literally half of the price I paid at the fracking store. Never really thought about what I would do with 150 pounds.
LMWDP #580

disciple

#8: Post by disciple »

I've been roasting Papua New Guinea in my Behmor 1600 from Coffee Bean Direct. This coffee tastes very smooth with minimum acidity and minimum bitterness. I started reading about it and it seems the farmers were able to get some Jamaican Blue Mountain plants/seeds and now this is the result. It is really good. If you don't roast, they also sell it roasted. I find the prices to be competitive and they don't charge any tax (if you aren't in their state) or shipping fee if you buy more than 5 pounds. I'm getting ready to buy 10 more pounds. I also am drinking some Bali Kintamani I roasted from Burman coffee and so far not too happy with it. I haven't been able to get a good roast that tastes good or I need to tweak my machine grind, powder amount to try and fix this issue...

drgary
Team HB

#9: Post by drgary »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:Andrew I didn't see that they sell 50-60 pounds or less. Do they? I don't consider 140-160 pound bags in the Home Roaster category for this list.
You can buy 5, 10 and 20 lb. bags at reasonable prices.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

#10: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) replying to drgary »

You mean from the fracking store correct? We are talking about the main store?
Artisan.Plus User-