Green Coffee Sources List - 2019 - Page 6

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Ora

#51: Post by Ora »

Paradise roasters is pretty good. Very blueberry ethiopians (their awassa blend).

Is there any other greens seller with a small, but choice selection, rather than a huge amount of selections but varying wildely between quality?

CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster)

#52: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) replying to Ora »

Are you looking for a roaster selling greens like Paradise? If not Sweet Maria's is always a go too. There are others on the list so check out the links. Most of them in the top portion sell home roaster quantities.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

Ora

#53: Post by Ora »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote: Are you looking for a roaster selling greens like Paradise? If not Sweet Maria's is always a go too. There are others on the list so check out the links. Most of them in the top portion sell home roaster quantities.
Yeah looking for greens. In particular i was looking for stores with a small selection 5-10 types, but like paradise roasters, the ones they offer being very good quality and "specially selected." Ive tried places like coffee project and they just have so many its hard to choose, and the ones i did try were really flat and boring. Whereas when i tried the awassa from paradise, it was exactly like the flavor notes, blueberry, lime, green tea. Some roasters list a whole bunch of different flavor notes and it seems they rarely hit the mark.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#54: Post by yakster »

I'd consider Sweet Maria's, Coffee Shrub, and the Crown Royal selections of Royal Coffee to be pretty selective featuring great coffee. I'm sure that this applies to others on the list as well, but I don't have as much experience with other vendors.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

#55: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) replying to yakster »

Chris, Coffee Shrub is the "wholesale" side of Sweet Marias. Your recommendations are spot on, and Crown Royal especially, generally at a higher price point.
Artisan.Plus User-

Ora

#56: Post by Ora »

yakster wrote:I'd consider Sweet Maria's, Coffee Shrub, and the Crown Royal selections of Royal Coffee to be pretty selective featuring great coffee. I'm sure that this applies to others on the list as well, but I don't have as much experience with other vendors.
thanks for the imput, but it seems the crown royal selections can only be boughtnin 22lb boxes, ismthat right?

#57: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) replying to Ora »

Yes sometimes people on this forum will get together and divide up an order. Haven't seen it lately but you can search for that.
Artisan.Plus User-

Andy

#58: Post by Andy »

KingDL1

#59: Post by KingDL1 »

https://www.gilliescoffee.com/shop-by-g ... ra-ep.html

Anyone use Gillies anymore. I bought a few boxes when i started and had decent luck.

My wish is to find Crop date, Arrival date, quality and screen size.

Does any place do that?

I just bought two more boxes from Genuine Origin my first was pretty good a Guatemala Origin.

But they don't have screen size.

Did Sweet Maria's get rid of their new arrivals? I am thinking about the ordering from their shrub. I just don't like their shipping options. Are do you feel about Coffee Shrub?

Zaneemomo
Supporter ♡

#60: Post by Zaneemomo »

I have been a customer of Sweet Marias and Coffee Shrub for around 20 years. They offer very good coffees, have very detailed descriptions/cupping notes, and their shipping prices and polices are good. On the SM side I prefer the UPS ground shipping special, very good price.